As of 12:00 NN Tuesday, April 12, 2022, a total of 16 national road sections in Regions 6, 7, and 8 are closed to all types of vehicles due to the onslaught of Tropical Depression “Agaton” which caused widespread flooding, landslide, and road cut.
Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Roger G. Mercado said that DPWH Quick Response Teams in the affected regions have been deployed to conduct clearing operations along areas that are deemed safe. Six (6) roads in Regions 6 and 8 have so far been cleared and reopened.
DPWH-Bureau of Maintenance identified current road closures in the following areas:
1. Iloilo Capiz Road in Bitoon Ilawod to Poblacion, Cuartero, Sto. Angel, Dumalag, and Angub, Cuartero in Capiz due to flooding;
2. JNR Ayuyan-Tinaytayan Road, Sto. Angel, Dumalag to Dangula, Dumarao in Capiz due to flooding;
3. JNR Cuartero-Maindang-Tapulang-Maayon Road, Brgy. Angub up to Pob. Proper, Cuartero, Capiz due to flooding;
4. Iloilo Capiz Road in Brgy. Tugas, Brgy. Tumalalud - Caidquid, Sigma-Mambusao-Jamindan Road in Brgy. Bunga in Capiz, due to flooding;
5. IloIlo-Capiz Road in Sitio Minaniw, Brgy. Tabugon, Dingle, Iloilo due to flooding;
6. Barotac Viejo - San Rafael Road in Brgy. Aripdip, San Rafael, Iloilo due to soil collapse; and
7. Passi - San Rafael - Lemery - Sara Road in Brgy.Poblacion, Lemery; Brgy. Apelo and Aspera, Sara, Iloilo due to flooding.
1. Cebu-Toledo Wharf Road (Camp 6) in Brgy. Manipis, Talisay City, Cebu due to soil erosion
1. Kananga-Tongonan Hotspring Road, Sitio Banaba, Brgy. Rizal, Kananga, Leyte due to landslide;
2. Tacloban Baybay South Road, in Brgy. Villa Solidaridad, Mahaplag; Sitio Waterfall, Brgy. Mailhi and Sitio Pamotosan, Brgy. Makinhas, Baybay City; Leyte due to landslide/soil collapse;
3. Maharlika Highway, Brgy. Paguite and Blinsasayao, Abuyog; Hilusig Bridge in Brgy. Hilusig and Brgy. Pulahongon, Sitio Paraiso, Brgy. Pinamunuan; Mahaplag, Leyte due to landslide/soil collapse;
4. Daang Maharlika, Sogod-Libagon Section due to possible occurrence of landslide or soil erosion;
5. Maasin City - Buenavista Bontoc - Bdry. Hilongos Road (Maasin - Bontoc) Brgy. Lunas, Maasin City due to road cut;
6. San Isidro, Tomas Oppus - Libertad, Maasin City Road, Brgy. Sta. Cruz, Maasin City due to landslide;
7. San Miguel - Conception - Daang Maharlika Road due hollow abutment; and
8. Bil-atan, San Ricardo - San Roque, Liloan Road in Brgy. San Roque & Brgy. Malangsa, Liloa-an; and Brgy. San Ramon, San Ricardo due to landslide and rockslide.
Meanwhile, 19 roads still have limited access in Regions 4-A, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, and 12:
1. Marikina-Infanta Road, K0107+380 in Quezon which is one-lane passable due to soil collapse.
1. Iloilo-Capiz Road (New Route) in Dayhagon and Amaga in Sigma, Capiz, passable to heavy vehicles only due to flooding;
2. Iloilo-Capiz Road (New Route) K0022+(-381)-K0063+149, passable to heavy vehicles only due to flooding; and
3. Jct. DS Benedicto-Spur 16-Calatrava Road (KM 75+500) in Negros Occidental, which is one-lane passable due to landslide.
1. Balilihan-Hanopol-Batuan Road, Brgy. Rizal, Batuan, Bohol, one lane passable due to roadslip; and
2. Jct. Tagbilaran East Road, Jagna-Sierra Bullones Road, Brgy. Mayana, Jagna, Bohol, one lane passable due to roadslip.
1. Burauen- Lapaz Road in Brgy. Moging, Burauen, Leyte, passable to light vehicles only due to settled foundation at Pier 3;
2. Sto. Rosario-Villaba Road in Brgy. Hibulangan, Villaba, passable to heavy vehicles only due to flooding;
3. Merida-Lundag-Puting Bato-Consolacion-Isabel Road, Can-untad Bridge, passable to light vehicles only due to damaged bridge approach;
4. Tacloban Baybay South Road in Brgy. Cuatro de Agosto and Brgy. Liberascion, and Barangay Nebga, Mahaplag, Leyte, one lane passable due to landslide;
5. Ormoc-Baybay-Southern Leyte Boundary Road in Brgy. Punta, Baybay City, Leyte, one lane passable due to fallen trees/debris;
6. Abuyog-Silago Road, Brgy. Imelda and Brgy. Tubod, Silago, Southern Leyte, one lane passable due to landslide;
7. Ichon, Macrohon - Sangahon Malitbog Road, K1045+828 - K1161+169, one lane passable due to landslide; and
8. Jct. Himay-angan-Silago-Abuyog Bdry. Road Jct. Himay-angan-Liloan-St. Bernard-San Juan Section Brgy. Lipanto, St. Bernard, Southern Leyte, one lane passable due to sinking/damaged paved road, one lane passable due to sinking/damaged paved road;
1. Kapalong-Talaingod- Valencia Road, Lumbayao, Valencia City and Salug Bridge in Brgy. San Jose, San Fernando, Bukidnon, one lane passable due to scouring of shoulder.
1. Benigno S. Aquino, Jr. National Highway, sections in Ngan, Compostela and Panansalan, Compostela, Davao de Oro, one lane passable due to soil slope collapse.
1. Awang-Upi-Lebak-Kalamansig-Palimbang-Sarangani Road in Brgy Bolebak, Lebak, Sultan Kudarat, one lane passable due to soil slope collapse; and
2. SNA-Kalamansig-Lebak Road, K1873+300 Datu Wasay, Kalamansig, Sultan Kudarat, one lane passable due to soil slope collapse.