As of 6:00 AM Wednesday, December 22, 2021, the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) estimates damage to infrastructure of Typhoon Odette to have reached P585.8-Million.
DPWH Secretary Roger "Oging" Mercado , citing a report from the DPWH Bureau of Maintenance, said that of the amount, P231.9 Million damage was recorded in Region 4-B, P35.5 Million in Region 6, P173.4 Million in Region 8, and P145 Million in Region 13. Other regions have yet to submit report on estimated damage to roads, bridges, and flood-control structures.
To date, DPWH has so far reopened 34 roads. An Immediate Response Fund of P100 Million was released for the clearing/response operations in Regions 6, 7, 8, 10, and 13.
Meanwhile, 12 roads are still closed to traffic in four (4) regions. These include:
1) Puerto Princesa North Road (SO0030PW), K0081+223 Langogan Bridge, Brgy Langogan, Puerto Princesa City due to damaged bridge;
2) Puerto Princesa North Road, Tagburos Bridge II, K0016+587, Puerto Princesa City due to damaged bridge approach, fallen trees & utility post;
3) Tagbilaran North Road (TNR) (Tagbilaran-Jetafe Sect) - Guiwanon, Maribojoc due to soil erosion and fallen trees;
4) Cebu-Toledo Wharf Road in Cebu due to fallen trees and electric posts and debris;
5) Toledo-Pinamungajan Aloguinsan-Mantalongon Road, Brgy. Cabitoonan, Toledo City due to fallen electrical posts;
6) Sariling Bridge, Malabuyoc, Cebu due to damaged/collapsed bridge abutment A, revetment washed-out;
7) Santander-Barili-Toledo Road K00178+800 - K0180+000, Intermittent sections, Brgy. Madridejos, Alegria, Cebu due to damaged/collapsed pavement at intermittent sections due to scouring and damaged seawall from strong waves; fallen trees, electric posts and other debris;
8) Bais-Kabankalan Road, two (2) sections in Brgy. Manlipac, Bais City, Negros Oriental due to soil collapse;
9) Misamis Oriental - Bukidnon - Agusan Road, K1463+503 - K1463+528, Brgy. Siloo, Malitbog, Bukidnon due to damaged newly constructed spillway at Siloo Bridge;
10) Butuan City - Cagayan de Oro City - Iligan City Road, Old Mambayaan Bridge due to damaged bridge;
11) Sta. Filomena - Bonbonon - Digkilaan, Rogongon Road, K1562+300, Sitio Salinsing and Purok Lindaban, Brgy. Rogongon, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte due to landslide and soil collapse; and
12) Dinagat-Loreto Road K0014+0800 to K0014+0900, Mahayahay, San Jose, Dinagat Islands due to road slip.
Five (5) roads are still hardly-passable namely:
1) Puerto Princesa North Road, Tanabag Bridge II, Maoyon Bridge, San Rafael Bridge, Concepcion Bridge, Olanguan Bridge, Babuyan Bridge in Puerto Princesa due to damaged bridge approach, fallen trees, and utility posts, and debris flow;
2) Jct. SH Impasug-ong - Patulangan By-Pass Rd, K1484+550 - K1484+555 (S00610MN) in Bukidnon due to soil erosion;
3) Dinagat-Loreto Road, K0015+0100 to K0015+0200, Mahayahay, San Jose, Dinagat Islands due to fallen trees;
4) NJR Bah-Bah-Talacogon Rd. in Brgy, Lucena, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur due to damaged Detour Road, Damaged Bailey Bridge, Flooding, and Soil Slope Collapse; and
5) NRJ Bayugan-Calaitan-Tandag Road in Brgy. Berseba, Bayugan due to road cut and sinking/collapsed pavement.