Department of Public Works and Highways Secretary Roger "Oging" Mercado disclosed that as of 12:00 noon Wednesday, December 22, 2021, damage to public infrastructure by Typhoon Odette has ballooned to P2.81 Billion with updated assessment reports from Regions 7 and 10.
Based on the latest report from the DPWH Bureau of Maintenance, Central Visayas’ public infrastructure has suffered biggest damage at P2.097 Billion, broken down to P2.041 Billion in roads, P6 Million in bridges, and P50 Million in flood-control structures.
In Region 10, DPWH-BOM reported that damage to roads is at P39.01 Million, bridges at P16.88 Million, and flood-control at P70.25 Million or a total of P126.14 Million.
Earlier, 231.9 Million damage was recorded in Region 4-B, P35.5 Million in Region 6, P173.4 Million in Region 8, and P145 Million in Region 13.
The DPWH-BOM also reported that eight (8) national roads remain impassable due to Odette namely:
1) Puerto Princesa North Road (SO0030PW), K0081+223 Langogan Bridge, Brgy Langogan, Puerto Princesa City due to damaged bridge;
2) Puerto Princesa North Road, Tagburos Bridge II, K0016+587, Puerto Princesa City due to damaged bridge approach, fallen trees & utility post;
3) Tagbilaran North Road (TNR) (Tagbilaran-Jetafe Sect) - Guiwanon, Maribojoc due to soil erosion and fallen trees;
4) Cebu-Toledo Wharf Road in Cebu due to fallen trees and electric posts and debris;
5) Toledo-Pinamungajan Aloguinsan-Mantalongon Road, Brgy. Cabitoonan, Toledo City due to fallen electrical posts;
6) Santander-Barili-Toledo Road K00178+800 - K0180+000, Intermittent sections, Brgy. Madridejos, Alegria, Cebu due to damaged/collapsed pavement at intermittent sections due to scouring and damaged seawall from strong waves; fallen trees, electric posts and other debris;
7) Bais-Kabankalan Road, two (2) sections in Brgy. Manlipac, Bais City, Negros Oriental due to soil collapse;
8 ) Dinagat-Loreto Road K0014+0800 to K0014+0900, Mahayahay, San Jose, Dinagat Islands due to road slip.
Five (5) roads are still hardly-passable namely:
1) Puerto Princesa North Road, Tanabag Bridge II, Maoyon Bridge, San Rafael Bridge, Concepcion Bridge, Olanguan Bridge, Babuyan Bridge in Puerto Princesa due to damaged bridge approach, fallen trees, and utility posts, and debris flow;
2) Jct. SH Impasug-ong - Patulangan By-Pass Rd, K1484+550 - K1484+555 (S00610MN) in Bukidnon due to soil erosion;
3) Dinagat-Loreto Road, K0015+0100 to K0015+0200, Mahayahay, San Jose, Dinagat Islands due to fallen trees;
4) NJR Bah-Bah-Talacogon Rd. in Brgy, Lucena, Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur due to damaged Detour Road, Damaged Bailey Bridge, Flooding, and Soil Slope Collapse; and
5) NRJ Bayugan-Calaitan-Tandag Road in Brgy. Berseba, Bayugan due to road cut and sinking/collapsed pavement.