The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) now estimates damage to national roads, bridges, and flood-control structures of Typhoon Odette at P448.9 Million as of 12 noon of Tuesday, December 21, 2021.
The DPWH Bureau of Maintenance reported that from the amount, P209.5 is due to damages in roads, P100 Million damages in bridges, and P139.4 Million is due to damaged flood-control structures.
To date, the DPWH has cleared and reopened a total of 33 road sections to ensure delivery of relief goods to affected areas. Teams with equipment are working for the reopening of 11 national road sections that are still impassable in Regions 4-B, Region 7, 8, 10, and 13.
DPWH Quick Response Teams are working to clear the following closed roads in Visayas:
• Puerto Princesa North Road (SO0030PW), Langogan Bridge, Brgy Langogan, Puerto Princesa City due to damaged old Langogan Bridge;
• Cebu-Toledo Wharf Road and Toledo-Pinamungajan Aloguinsan-Mantalongon Road, Brgy. Cabitoonan, Toledo City due to due to fallen trees and electric posts and debris;
• Toledo-Pinamungajan Aloguinsan-Mantalongon Road, Brgy. Cabitoonan, Toledo City due to fallen electrical posts;
• Sariling Bridge, Malabuyoc, Cebu due to Damaged/collapsed bridge abutment A, revetment washed-out;
• Santander-Barili-Toledo Road K00178+800 - K0180+000, Intermittent sections, Brgy. Madridejos, Alegria, Cebu due to damaged/collapsed pavement at intermittent sections due to scouring and damaged seawall from strong waves, fallen trees, electric posts and other debris;
• Bais-Kabankalan Road, K0059+100, Brgy. Manlipac, Bais City, Negros Oriental due to soil collapse;
In Mindanao, impassable roads are the following:
• Misamis Oriental - Bukidnon - Agusan Road in Brgy. Siloo, Malitbog, Bukidnon to damaged newly constructed spillway at Siloo Bridge;
• Butuan City - Cagayan de Oro City - Iligan City Road, Old Mambayaan Bridge due to damaged bridge;
• Sta. Filomena - Bonbonon - Digkilaan, Rogongon Road, Sitio Salinsing and Purok Lindaban, Brgy. Rogongon, Iligan City due to landslide and soil collapse;
• Dinagat-Loreto Road in Mahayahay, San Jose, Dinagat Islands due to road slip; and
• NRJ Bayugan-Calaitan-Tandag Rd in Brgy. Sto. Nino, Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur due to road cut.
Four (4) roads also remain hardly passable which include:
• Jct. SH Impasug-ong - Patulangan By-Pass Rd, K1484+550 - K1484+555 (S00610MN) in Bukidnon;
• Dinagat-Loreto Road in Mahayahay, San Jose, Dinagat Islands, Dinagat Islands;
• Sections of NJR Bah-Bah-Talacogon Road in Brgy, Lucena, Prosperidad, Agusan del Surl; and
• Butuan City-Pianing-Tandag Rd. K1245+0950 to K1246+0250 Brgy. Anticala, Butuan City, Agusan del Norte.