Eight (8) road sections in Region 1 and Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) are still closed to traffic due landslide and flooding brought by tropical storm “Egay”.
In the latest report of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) - Bureau of Maintenance, as of 6:00 a.m. of July 6, 2015, Monday, roads that are impassable include:
1. Kennon Road, K0242+620, Camp 7, Baguio City;
2. Baguio-Bauang Road, K0299+(-150), Irisan, Baguio City;
3. Gurel-Bokod-Kabayan Road, KO315-KO316 , Barangay Bugao, Bokod, Benguet;
4. Gurel-Bokod-Kabayan Road, K0339+000 -K0340+000, Barangay Asokong, Kabayan, Benguet;
5. Gurel-Bokod-Kabayan Road, KO341+320, Bongis Section, Benguet; and
6. Baguio-Itogon Road, K0261+330, Goldfield Section, Barangay Ucab, Benguet.
1. Tagudin - Cervantes Road, KM333+500 - KM335+000 K0942+000 – k0943+000, Ilocos Sur; and
2. Manila North Road (MNR), Bangar-Luna, KM305+000 to KM306+000, La Union.
Partial report of the DPWH-BOM shows cost of damages on roads in CAR amounts to P4.25 million, while the cost of damages in Region 1 is still being assessed.
Concerned DPWH offices have already installed warning signs on affected road sections while manpower and equipment were already deployed for the on-going clearing operations.