In an organization dominated by male officials and employees, Dr. MARIA CATALINA E. CABRAL, the first female rank-and-file employee who has reached the level of Undersecretary in the hierarchy of officials in the Department of Public Works and Highways, qualifies as a strong example of “Women in Infrastructure”.
A firm believer of her mantra of 4Gs: Growth, Governance, Green and Gender, Dr. Cabral was able to reach the second highest position in the Department through sheer hard work, determination and perseverance.
A licensed Civil Engineer, Dr. Cabral has three (3) Masters Degrees and two (2) Doctorate Degrees in the field of Business Management, Economics and Public Administration. And at present she is taking another Doctorate Degree on Urban and Regional Planning at the University of the Philippines. She has attended several local and international scholarships and trainings, and is a frequently invited resource speaker here and abroad.
As Undersecretary for Planning and Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Service, Dr. Cabral is in-charge of overseeing the development of strategic and priority plans and programs of the Department including implementation of PPP projects.
She is a registered ASEAN Engineer and has been conferred as an Honorary Fellow by the ASEAN Federation of Engineering Organization. She is the 2017-2018 National President and first female highest leader of the Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers (PICE), again, exemplifying the role of women in infrastructure.
She is also the Vice President of the Philippine Technological Council-Women Engineers Network (PTC-WEN) and an active member of Road Engineering Association of the Philippines (REAP) and the American Society for Civil Engineers-Philippine Group.
- DPWH Representative to Technology Resource Center (TRC) Board of Trustee
- DPWH Principal Representative to Light Rail Transit Authority (LRTA) Board of Directors
- DPWH Representative to Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) Board
- DPWH Representative to National Irrigation Administration (NIA) Board of Directors
- DPWH Alternate Representative to Toll Regulatory Board (TRB)
- DPWH Alternate Representative to Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) Board of Directors
- DPWH Representative to TIEZA Board of Directors
- DPWH Permanent Representative to National Competitive Council (NCC) Transport Infrastructure and Logistic Working Group
- DPWH Alternate Focal Person in the implementation of DPWH Public-Private Partnership Infrastructure Development Projects, Tollway/Expressway Projects and other related facilities.