- The project involves approximately 54-km. toll road which will start near the end of the Tarlac-Pangasinan La Union Expressway (TPLEX) in Rosario, La Union and will terminate at F. Ortega Highway at San Fernando, La Union.
This project aims to:
- decongest the traffic along the McArthur Highway by catering to the vehicles going to the province of La Union
- provide a better flow of trade of goods (e.g. agricultural products/crops) and will prove to be beneficial to the outlying provinces of Regions I, II and III. A good flow of goods will eventually lead to creation of jobs.
- uplift the economic and social conditions of the Northern Luzon area.
- reduce travel time and vehicle operating cost by allowing vehicles to operate at optimum speed.
- provide a safe and high-speed access to the province of La Union.
- Transmitted the Terms of Reference (TOR) to BOD for approval.
- Ongoing preparation of the Estimated Budget for the Contract (EBC).
- Submitted a letter requesting for the inclusion of the project in the procurement of consultant to conduct the Feasibility Study under the PDMF Fund of the PPP Center, and a duly accomplished forms specified in the PDMF Guidelines (August 2017 Edition) to Public-Private Partnership Center of the Philippines dated 19 February 2018.
- For Feasibility Study