- A new four (4)-lane toll road from Sto. Tomas, Batangas to Tayabas/Lucena City in Quezon, 66.74 km. long
- The revised alignment is divided into five (5) packages as follows:
Package A: Santo Tomas, Batangas to Makban, Laguna
Package B: Makban, Laguna to San Pablo, Laguna
Package C: San Pablo, Laguna to Tiaong, Quezon
Package D: Tiaong, Quezon to Candelaria, Quezon
Package E: Candelaria, Quezon to Tayabas, Quezon
Package F: Tayabas, Quezon to Brgy. Mayao, Lucena, Quezon*
*Proposed TR4 Extension
This project aims to:
- improve the transport of goods and services from the Southern Provinces to Manila and vice versa.
- shorten travel time, decongest, and reduce the volume of traffic plying the Pan Philippine Highway.
- enhance the economic efficiency of the existing South Luzon Expressway (SLEX), allowing to meet the increasing demand of traffic volumes due to the rapid growth of population, urbanization, and economic development of Quezon Province and adjoining provinces.
At the end of construction, the project is expected to:
- efficiently move people, products/goods and services to and from Laguna, Batangas, Quezon, and Bicol Region.
- reduce travel time along the 58-kilometer stretch between Sto. Tomas and Lucena from 4 hours to 1 hour.
- provide the motorists with safer and more convenient travel on modern tollway facilities like well-lit toll plazas, fiber optics, and CCTV cameras, among others.
South Luzon Tollways Corporation (SLTC)
- P 13.10 Billion (subject to adjustment due to additional section, Package TR4F)
- Ongoing Right-of-Way Acquisition
- Contractors for Packages A to E are currently undertaking preparatory survey works
- Ongoing coordination/public consultation meeting
- Ongoing securing of Permit to Enter (PTE) and pertinent documents for the affected landowners
- Ongoing issuances of Notices of Taking on affected landowners
- Ongoing assessment of the appraisal value of affected lots
- Ongoing review of DED for Package TR4F
Issuance of ECC by DENR
14 July 2014
September 2018 – August 2021