- A new four (4)-lane toll road from Sto. Tomas, Batangas to Tayabas/Lucena City in Quezon, 56.87 kms. long
- The revised alignment is divided into five (5) packages as follows:
Calamba - Makban, Laguna
Makban - San Pablo, Laguna
San Pablo - Tiaong, Quezon
Tiaong - Candelaria, Quezon
Candelaria - Tayabas, Quezon
Total = 56.87 km
- To improve the transport of goods and services from Southern Provinces to Manila and vice versa.
- To shorten travel time, decongest, and reduce the volume of traffic plying the Pan Philippine Highway.
- To enhance the economic efficiency of the existing South Luzon Expressway (SLEX), allowing to meet the increasing demand of traffic volumes due to the rapid growth of population, urbanization, and economic development of Quezon Province and adjoining provinces.
PROJECT BENEFITS TO MOTORISTS:
- To efficiently move people, products/goods and services to and from Laguna, Batangas, Quezon, and Bicol Region.
- To reduce travel time along the 58-kilometer stretch between Sto. Tomas and Lucena from 4 hours to 1 hour.
- To provide the motorists with safer and more convenient travel on modern tollway facilities like well-lit toll plazas, fiber optics, and CCTV cameras, among others.
PROJECT BENEFITS TO THE ECONOMY:
- Sound development of the trade and commerce in Southern Tagalog provinces through high service transportation facility
- Enhanced international competitiveness of export and eco-tourism industries through improved and reliable freight travel movement.
- High accessibility from the existing SLEX, STAR Tollway and other national highways and roads along the Batangas, Laguna, and Quezon provinces.
South Luzon Tollways Corporation (SLTC)
Toll Regulatory Board (TRB)
- P 13.10 Billion
- Final Engineering Design (FED) substantially completed
- MOA between TRB and DPWH for DPWH to undertake the project ROW was executed
- DPWH ROW Team in place
Issuance of ECC by DENR
14 July 2014
June 2017 – August 2021
TR4A: Calamba to Makban, Laguna
01 June 2017 – 25 August 2018
TR4B: Makban to San Pablo, Laguna
26 February 2018 – 20 August 2019
TR4C: San Pablo to Tiaong, Quezon
23 November 2018 – 18 November 2019
TR4D: Tiaong to Candelaria, Quezon
20 August 2019 to 10 February 2021
TR4E: Candelaria to Tayabas, Quezon
16 May 2010 to 09 August 2021