The project involves the 21.65-km extension of the NLEX from Mindanao Avenue, Quezon City to the C-3 (Circumferential Road 3) in Caloocan City and to Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City.
A) SEGMENT 8.2 – is a proposed 8.35-kms 4-lane divided expressway from Segment 8.1 at Mindanao Avenue to Republic Avenue turning right to Luzon Avenue up to Commonwealth in Quezon City.
B) SEGMENT 10 - is an 8.18-km. elevated expressway connecting McArthur Highway, Valenzuela and R-10, Navotas City that will utilize the existing PNR railroad tracks and will traverse the C-3 Road in Caloocan City and Navotas City.
Number of Lanes
McArthur Highway, Valenzuela to C-3 Road, Caloocan City
6 (3 in both directions)
C-3 Road, Caloocan City to R-10, Navotas City (Spur Link)
4 (2 in both directions)
C) SEGMENT 9 - is a 2.42-km. 4-lane (2x2) that connects NLEX Mindanao Avenue Link (Segment 8.1) at the SMART Connect Interchange to McArthur Highway in Valenzuela City.
D) SEGMENT 8.1 - a 2.7-km expressway connecting the NLEX, at its Valenzuela City junction, to Mindanao Avenue in Quezon City. A major component is the Cloverleaf SMART Connect Interchange crossing the main expressway. It provided motorists with alternative entry and exit ramps to the NLEX.
- Reduce travel time from Mindanao Avenue going to Commonwealth Avenue from 45 minutes to 10 minutes.
- Will benefit 45,000 motorists per day
This project aims to:
- decongest Metro Manila by providing access to the NLEX without passing through EDSA or the Balintawak Toll Plaza;
- improve the movement of cargo from the Port of Manila by providing a direct connection between R10 (Radial Road 10) and NLEX; and
- reduce the travel time from NLEX Valenzuela to R10 from 23 to 11 minutes via Balintawak-EDSA Monumento, and from 26 to 13 minutes via Balintawak-A. Bonifacio/C3
Manila North Tollways Corp. (MNTC)
Project Cost: P 7.45 Billion
Project Cost: P 15.00 Billion
Project Cost: P 1.70 Billion
Project Cost: P 2.10 Billion
- SEGMENT 8.2
- Detailed Engineering Design (DED) approved by TRB.
- Approved Parcellary Plans were endorsed to DPWH by TRB for ROW Acquisition.
- DPWH has organized a ROW Task Force for the acquisition of Right-of-Way
- Ongoing issuance of Notices of Taking in Ugong, Valenzuela and Quezon City
- Completed and opened to the public on March 19, 2015.
- Ongoing Right-of-Way Acquisition by the DPWH
- Actual percentage of acquisition (using PPP parameters) is 87.76%
- Completed and opened to the public on June 2010.
- ROW Acquisition is from 2nd Quarter of 2017 to 4th Quarter of 2018
- Construction Period is from 1st Quarter of 2019 to mid-2021
- (Construction may proceed earlier depending on the availability of ROW)
Date Started : May 22, 2014
Target Completion Date : June 2018
Target Completion Date (Spur Link) : December 2018
Total Accomplishment as of 25 January 2018 : 65.00%