The project involves the 14-km extension of the NLEX from Mindanao Avenue, Quezon City to the C-3 (Circumferential Road 3) in Caloocan City and to Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City. It is divided into two segments under the concession of the Manila North Tollways Corporation (MNTC) for the Manila North Expressway Project.
A) SEGMENT 8.2 – is a proposed 8.35-kms 4-lane divided expressway from Segment 8.1 at Mindanao Avenue to Republic Avenue turning right to Luzon Avenue up to Commonwealth in Quezon City.
B) SEGMENT 10 - is a 5.58-km. 6-lanes divided (2x3) elevated expressway connecting McArthur Highway in Valenzuela City and C-3 in Caloocan City. It will utilize the existing PNR railroad tracks that cut across Valenzuela City and Malabon City.
C) SEGMENT 9 - is a 2.42-km. 4-lane (2x2) that connects NLEX Mindanao Avenue Link (Segment 8.1) at the Smart Connect Interchange to McArthur Highway in Valenzuela City.
D) SEGMENT 8.1 - a 2.7-km expressway connecting the NLEX, at its Valenzuela City junction, to Mindanao Avenue in Quezon City. A major component is the Cloverleaf SMART Connect Interchange crossing the main expressway. It provided motorists with alternative entry and exit ramps to the NLEX.
- Reduce travel time from Mindanao Avenue going to Commonwealth Avenue from 45 minutes to 10 minutes.
- Will benefit 45,000 motorists per day
- Will decongest Metro Manila by providing access to the NLEX without passing through EDSA or the Balintawak Toll Plaza;
- Is expected to improve the movement of cargo from the Port of Manila by providing a direct connection between R10 (Radial Road 10) and NLEX; and
- Is expected to reduce travel time from NLEX Valenzuela to R10 from 23 to 11 minutes via Balintawak-EDSA Monumento, and from 26 to 13 minutes via Balintawak-A. Bonifacio/C3
Manila North Tollways Corp. (MNTC)
Toll Regulatory Board (TRB)
Project Cost: P 7.45 Billion
Project Cost: P 9.00 Billion
Project Cost: P 1.70 Billion
Project Cost: P 2.10 Billion
- SEGMENT 8.2
- Detailed Engineering Design (DED) approved by TRB.
- Approved Parcellary Plans were endorsed to DPWH by TRB for ROW Acquisition.
- DPWH has organized a ROW Task Force for the acquisition of Right-of-Way
- Completed and opened to the public on March 19, 2015.
- Ongoing Right-of-Way Acquisition by the DPWH
- Actual percentage of acquisition (using PPP parameters) is 77.75% as of January 25, 2018
- Completed and opened to the public on June 2010.
- ROW Acquisition is from 2nd Quarter of 2017 to 4th Quarter of 2018
- Construction Period is from 1st Quarter of 2019 to mid-2021 (Construction may proceed earlier depending on the availability of ROW)
Date Started: May 22, 2014
Target Completion Date: June 2018
Current accepted program completion date per MNTC: January 26, 2019
Total Accomplishment as of 25 January 2018: 58.64%