- The Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3 Project (MMSS3) is an elevated expressway from Buendia, Makati City to North Luzon Expressway in Balintawak, Quezon City with a length of about 18.30 kilometers. 2x3 lanes from Buendia to Sgt. Rivera corner A. Bonifacio, Quezon City, 2x2 lanes from Sgt. Rivera corner A. Bonifacio to NLEX Balintawak, Quezon City and 2x3 lanes elevated roadway structure that will connect to the NLEX-SLEX Connector Road Project in the vicinity of PUP.
- In order to facilitate the completion of MMSS-3 Project, the construction implementation shall be five (5) sections as follows:
SECTION LENGTH km.
Section 1: Buendia, Makati - Quirino Avenue - Nagtahan 3.379
Section 2: Nagtahan – Aurora Blvd./Ramon Magsaysay Avenue 6.19
Section 2A: Nagtahan - Tomas Claudio 0.96
Section 2A’: Tomas Claudio - PUP, Sta. Mesa1.30
Section 2B: Tomas Claudio – Ramon Magsaysay Ave(San Juan River) 3.93
Section 3: Ramon Magsaysay Avenue – Quezon Avenue 2.71
Section 4: Quezon Avenue – Balintawak, Quezon City 4.46
Section 5: Balintawak, Quezon City – NLEX Footbridge 1.56
This project aims to:
- connect the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and North Luzon Expressway (NLEX).
- decongest traffic in Metro Manila especially C4 (EDSA), C5 (CP Garcia) and Central Metro Manila.
- complete Metro Manila Skyway System from Alabang to Balintawak as part of the approved agreement by the Philippine Government and the Business Joint Venture Agreement (BJVA) between Citra Lamtoro Gung Persada (CLP) and the Philippine National Construction Company (PNCC).
At the end of construction, the project is expected to:
- decongest EDSA and other major roads (Quezon Ave., Araneta Ave., Nagtahan, Quirino Ave., etc.) by as much as 55,000 vehicles daily
- reduce travel time from Buendia to Balintawak from 2 hours to just 15 to 20 minutes.
- provide direct employment of around 6,000 jobs during construction plus indirect jobs of around 10,000-12,000.
CITRA Central Expressway Corporation (CCEC)
Php 37.43 Billion [subject to adjustment due to Section 2 realignment at San Juan River, Stage 3 connection in NLEX (Section 5) and other design changes]
- Replacement of Sevilla and N. Domingo Bridge, 58.64% accomplishment
- Quirino South Bound On Ramp (beginning at Concordia straight to Buendia, Skyway Stage 1) was opened to traffic on July 22, 2019
- Ongoing construction of Section 1 Buendia-Quirino-Nagtahan, 92.13% accomplishment
- Ongoing construction of Section 2A Nagtahan-Tomas Claudio, 58.45% accomplishment
- Construction of Section 2A’ Tomas Claudio – PUP Sta. Mesa, 0% accomplishment
- Ongoing construction of Section 2B Tomas Claudio-Ramon Magsaysay Avenue, 86.30% accomplishment
- Ongoing construction of Section 3 Ramon Magsaysay to Quezon Ave., 94.45% accomplishment
- Ongoing construction of Section 4 Quezon Avenue – Balintawak, Q.C., 68.79% accomplishment
- Ongoing construction of Section 5 Balintawak, Q.C. – NLEX Footbridge, 41.08% accomplishment
- Overall Right-of-Way accomplishment 66.00%(excluding Section 2A’)
- Overall construction accomplishment 77.02% (excluding Section 2A’)
- CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE:
- Mainline from Buendia to Balinawak - 1st Quarter 2020
- Ramps - December 2020