- The Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3 Project (MMSS3) is an elevated expressway stretched in its entirety over Metro Manila from Buendia, Makati City to Balintawak, Quezon City with a length of about 17.38 kms. with some improvement in the selected at–grade sections. The MMSS3 Project viaduct will connect the South Luzon Expressway and the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) and intends to decongest main thoroughfares in Central Metro Manila area, particularly EDSA.
- The elevated expressway is designed to ease traffic through the eight (8) access ramps/interchanges strategically located as follows: Buendia Avenue, (South Super highway, Makati City), Pres. Quirino Avenue, (Malate, Manila), Plaza Dilao (Paco, Manila), Nagtahan/Aurora Boulevard (Manila), E. Rodriguez Avenue (Quezon City), Quezon Avenue (Quezon City), Sgt. Rivera St. (Quezon City) and NLEX.
- In order to facilitate the completion of MMSS-3 Project, the construction implementation shall be five (5) sections as follows:
|Project Sections||Length (kms.)|
|1||Buendia Ave., Makati city to Pres. quirino Ave., Manila||3.76|
|2A||Pres. Quirino Ave., Manila to Tomas Claudio St., Manila||0.96|
|2B||Tomas Claudio St., Manila to Aurora Blvd., Manila||3.93|
|3||Aurora Blvd., Manila to Quezon Ave., Quezon City||2.71|
|4||Quezon Ave., Quezon City to A. Bonifacio Ave., Quezon City||4.46|
|5||A. Bonifacio Ave., Quezon City to NLEX||1.56|
This project aims to:
- connect the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and North Luzon Expressway (NLEX).
- decongest traffic in Metro Manila especially C4 (EDSA), C5 (CP Garcia) and Central Metro Manila.
- complete Metro Manila Skyway System from Alabang to Balintawak as part of the approved agreement by the Philippine Government and the Business Joint Venture Agreement (BJVA) between Citra Lamtoro Gung Persada (CLP) and the Philippine National Construction Company (PNCC).
At the end of construction, the project is expected to:
- decongest EDSA and other major roads (Quezon Ave., Araneta Ave., Nagtahan, Quirino Ave., etc.) by as much as 55,000 vehicles DAILY based on initial projected patronage
- reduce economic losses due to traffic congestion which is estimated at P2.4 billion daily (based on JICA study)
- promote economic development, business expansion and tourism in and outside Metro Manila
- increase safety and security during travel
- reduce Vehicle Operating Costs (VOC) (gasoline expenses, etc.); more than offset the cost of toll fee
- reduce travel time, Buendia-Balintawak from usual 2 hours to 15 to 20 minutes
CITRA Central Expressway Corporation (CCEC)
Php 37.43 B
- Ongoing construction, 39.35% completed
- Ongoing ROW Acquisition
- Ongoing preparation of DED for Skyway Stage 3 - NLEX SLEX Connector Road Connection and Alignment of Section 2 San Juan River
- Ongoing preparation of DED for Skyway to NLEX Balintawak Ramp Section
- No approved Parcellary Survey Plan in Section 4
- Ongoing demolition and consturction of Sevilla Bridge on San Juan River Viaduct
- January 2015 – January 2019