Strategic Gender Needs (SGN)
Are concerned with changing the subordinate (disadvantage) position of women in society.
Measures to address tese needs are long-term in nature.
Practical Gender Needs (PGN)
Have to do with what people need to perform to their current gender roles more easily,
effectively or efficiently.
Measures to address these needs may improve the condition of women but will not
alter their position.
They preserve or reinforce traditional gender roles.
- Transport Facilities for working women
- Community Health Centers & Drugstores
- Paternity Leaves
- Labor-Saving Kitchen Devices
- Greater Representation of Women in Political Structures
- Policies which Equalize Access to Employment