The project involves the construction of a new office building for the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Central Office. The proposed building has a total floor area of 89,524 sq.m. that will cater to the approximately 3,700 personnel of DPWH as well as other attached offices such as the field office of the Commission on Audit. It also has 5 basement levels for parking and 2,000 parking slots.
The project is located at EDSA corner NIA Road, Brgy. Piñahan, Diliman, Quezon City on 2 lots owned by the DPWH with Transfer Certificate of Title Nos. N-170848 and N-170849 having an area of 10,000 sq.m. and 13,600 sq.m. respectively. These lots are presently occupied by DPWH Regional Offices IV-A and IV-B. The Region IV-A Office is scheduled to transfer to Laguna by 2021 upon completion of their new building.
This project aims to:
● Provide a state-of-the-art, disaster-resilient, and sustainable facility that will house all the Bureas, Services, and UPMOs of DPWH under one roof, thus ensuring the effective and efficient delivery of services to the Filipino people
● Serve as a disaster command center that will coordinate emergency and relief operations of DPWH implementing offices during times of calamities such as typhoons and earthquakes
● Become a beacon of Filipino engineering design and ingenuity by incorporating resilience-based design with sustainable and green technological advancements
At the end of the construction, the project is expected to:
● Improve the overall working environment of DPWH employees from the present 3 sq.m. average space per employee to 5 sq.m. per employee in accordance with the DOLE guidelines and ensure gender-responsive culture in the workplace
● Boost the speed of communication, coordination, and collaboration between the different units of the DPWH Central Office
● Reduce energy and water consumption by integrating green building features into the design of the structure
● Php 7.032 B (DPWH-BOD estimate, 2019)
● The construction of the DPWH Central Office through PPP financing scheme was approved by Sec. Mark A. Villar last February 13, 2020.
● On-going revision of the Terms of Reference (TOR) and Estimated Budget for the Contract (EBC).