The project is a 4-lane 44.58. closed-system tolled expressway connecting CAVITEX and SLEX. The project will start from the CAVITEX in Kawit, Cavite and end at the SLEX-Mamplasan Interchange in Biñan, Laguna. The project will have the following subsections:
Cavitex Connection to Open Canal Interchange
Open Canal Interchange to Governor’s Drive Interchange
Governor’s Drive Interchange to Silang (Aguinaldo) Interchange
Silang (Aguinaldo) Interchange to Silang East Interchange
Silang East Interchange to Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Interchange
Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Interchange to Laguna Boulevard Interchange
Laguna Boulevard Interchange to Laguna Technopark Interchange
Laguna Technopark Interchange to Mamplasan Toll Barrier
PPP Scheme: Build-Transfer-Operate
-Private sector to finance, construct, operate and maintain the entire 44.58 kms
- Concession Period: 35 years (including 5 years design and construction)
(Tirona Highway to the end of Greenfield Development Corporation Property near Mamplasan Exit, Laguna)
Right of Way:
60 meters, except for Laguna Techno Park & Laguna Boulevard 40 meters, Greenfield Development Corporation 50 meters
8 grade separated interchanges and 1 toll barrier
3,575 meters inclusive of 444 meters of viaduct
This project aims to:
- Support national development policy and provide efficient transport facilities for the Eco-zones in Cavite and Laguna.
- Reduce traffic congestion particularly in Governor’s Drive, Aguinaldo Highway and Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Road which are heavily congested.
- Improve competitiveness of Region IV-A/CALABARZON as an investment destination.
At the end of construction, the project is expected to:
- Reduce ravel time from CAVITEX (Kawit) to SLEX (Mamplasan Interchange in Biñan, Laguna) from 2 hours to only 45 minutes.
- MPCALA Holdings Inc.
Independent Consultant (50%)
· Right-of-Way Acquisition (ROWA) accomplishment (actual site possession)
Ø Laguna Side : 99.80%
Ø Cavite Side : 63.54%
· Subsections 8, 7 and 6 (Sta. Rosa to Mamplasan) were partially opened to traffic on October 30, 2019.
· TOP was issued last Feb 10, 2020 for Subsections 8, 7 and 6.
· Subsection 5 (Sta. Rosa to Silang East IC) was open to traffic last August 24, 2021.
· Contractor for Cavite Segment Subsection 1 already mobilized
· Overall accomplishment for construction as of JULY 25, 2022:
Ø Sub-section 8,7,6: 100%, last October 30, 2019
Ø Sub-Section 5 : 100% last August 24, 2021
Ø Sub-Section 4 : 66.605%
Ø Total for Laguna Segment: 95.543%
Ø Total for Cavite Segment: 42.49%
Ø Total for whole alignment of CALAX: 63.19%
Construction Start Date
Laguna Segment – Subsections 7 and 8
|Cavite Segment – Subsection 3|
Fourth Quarter 2023