A 1.2-km. limited-access bridge infrastructure between Boracay Island and the main island of Panay (Malay, Aklan). The bridge is not envisioned to cater vehicular through-traffic, so as not to congest the island, but will be provided with loading/unloading areas on both ends to process the movement of commuters, solid waste, goods and supplies.
The project aims to facilitate:
- Provision of a public transport access system;
- Carriage of power, telecommunication, water supply and sewer utility lines; and
- Transport of solid waste and cargo through authorized trucks.
- To manage environmental carrying capacity of the Boracay Island.
- To open-up a new all-weather access for vehicles and pedestrians, thereby, encouraging people to consider alternative accommodations and activity centers at the mainland.
- To free-up Boracay Island from pressures due to over-crowding and overuse of existing facilities, which ultimately produces adverse environmental impact.
San Miguel Holdings Corporation (SMHC)
- Construction, et.al. : Php 4,407 M
- Right-of-way Cost : Php 1,069 M
- Total : Php 5,476 M
For compliance of documents pertinent to the issuance of Original Proponent Status (OPS).