The project involves the 21.60-km extension of the NLEX eastward from Valenzuela City to Mel Lopez Boulevard/R10, (NLEX Harbor Link Project comprising of Segments 9, 10 and Exit Ramp to R10) and westward from Valenzuela City to Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City, (Circumferential Road 5, C-5, comprising of Segments 8.1 and 8.2).
A) SEGMENT 8.2 – is a proposed 8.30 kms 4-lane divided (2x2) expressway from Segment 8.1 at Mindanao Avenue, traversing westward to Republic Avenue and turning right to Luzon Avenue up to Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City.
Section 1A: Mindanao Avenue to Quirino Highway, 2.0 kms.
Section 1B: Quirino Highway to Regalado Avenue, 3.80 kms.
Section 1C: Regalado Avenue to Congressional Avenue, 2.50 kms
B) SEGMENT 10, EXIT RAMP to R-10 - is a 2.60 km. 4-lane (initial) elevated ramp extending the NLEX Harbor Link Segment 10 exit to Radial Road 10 (R-10), using C-3 Road as its route.
C) SEGMENT 10 - is a 5.58-km. 6-lane divided (2x3) elevated expressway connecting McArthur Highway and C-3. It will utilize the existing PNR railroad tracks that cut across Valenzuela City and Malabon City.
D) SEGMENT 9 - is a 2.42-km. 4-lane (2x2) that connects NLEX Mindanao Avenue Link (Segment 8.1) at the SMART Connect Interchange to McArthur Highway in Valenzuela City.
E) SEGMENT 8.1 - a 2.7-km expressway connecting the NLEX, at its Valenzuela City junction, to Mindanao Avenue in Quezon City. A major component is the Cloverleaf SMART Connect Interchange crossing the main expressway. It provided motorists with alternative entry and exit ramps to the NLEX.
- Reduce travel time from Mindanao Avenue going to Commonwealth Avenue from 45 minutes to 10 minutes.
- Will benefit 45,000 motorists per day
- Decongest Metro Manila by providing access to the NLEX without passing through EDSA or the Balintawak Toll Plaza;
- Improve the movement of cargo between NLEX and Radial Road 10
- Reduce travel time Valenzuela City to C-3 Caloocan City from more than 1 hour to 5 minutes
- Will benefit 20,000 motorists per day
SEGMENT 10, EXIT RAMP to R-10
- Provide direct access between the port area and the northern provinces of Luzon
- Travel time from Port Area to NLEX will take only ten (10) minutes
Manila North Tollways Corp. (MNTC)
Toll Regulatory Board
Project Cost: P 7.48 Billion
Project Cost: P 9.00 Billion
SEGMENT 10, EXIT RAMP to R-10
Project Cost: P 5.724 Billion
Project Cost: P 2.10 Billion
Project Cost: P 1.70 Billion
Detailed Engineering Design (DED) approved by TRB.
TRB has delegated to the DPWH the acquisition of the ROW.
Ongoing Right-of-Way activities conducted by the DPWH
Affected lots in Quezon City and Valenzuela City already appraised by DBP
Ongoing coordination with NHA, LIAC of Quezon City and Valenzuela City with regards to the relocation of affected ISF’s
TRB has sent a letter to DPWH confirming the viability of the project in respect to its cost.
SEGMENT 10, EXIT RAMP TO R-10
Substantially completed, 98.51% accomplishment.
Ongoing completion of remaining works for electrical works, road signages, deck and ground drainages, and restoration works at-grade level
Malabon Exit opened to traffic on February 21, 2020
Inaugurated on June 15,2020 & opened to traffic on June 16,2020.
- Right-of-Way Acquisition by the DPWH is 100.00% delivered
- Inaugurated on February 28, 2019 and opened to traffic on March 01, 2019
- Completed and opened to the public on March 19, 2015.
- Completed and opened to the public on June 2010.
- Construction Schedule is from 2nd Quarter of 2020 to 2nd Quarter of 2022