The project involves the 21.60-km extension of the NLEX eastward from Valenzuela City to Mel Lopez Boulevard/R10, (NLEX Harbor Link Project comprising of Segments 9, 10 and Exit Ramp to R10) and westward from Valenzuela City to Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City, (Circumferential Road 5, C-5, comprising of Segments 8.1 and 8.2).
A) SEGMENT 8.2 – is a proposed 8.35-kms 4-lane divided (2x2) expressway from Segment 8.1 at Mindanao Avenue to Republic Avenue turning right to Luzon Avenue up to Commonwealth in Quezon City.
B) SEGMENT 10, EXIT RAMP to R-10 - is a 2.60 km. 4-lane (initial) elevated ramp extending the NLEX Harbor Link Segment 10 exit to Radial Road 10 (R-10), using C-3 Road as its route.
C) SEGMENT 10 - is a 5.58-km. 6-lane divided (2x3) elevated expressway connecting McArthur Highway and C-3. It will utilize the existing PNR railroad tracks that cut across Valenzuela City and Malabon City.
D) SEGMENT 9 - is a 2.42-km. 4-lane (2x2) that connects NLEX Mindanao Avenue Link (Segment 8.1) at the SMART Connect Interchange to McArthur Highway in Valenzuela City.
E) SEGMENT 8.1 - a 2.7-km expressway connecting the NLEX, at its Valenzuela City junction, to Mindanao Avenue in Quezon City. A major component is the Cloverleaf SMART Connect Interchange crossing the main expressway. It provided motorists with alternative entry and exit ramps to the NLEX.
- Reduce travel time from Mindanao Avenue going to Commonwealth Avenue from 45 minutes to 10 minutes.
- Will benefit 45,000 motorists per day
- Decongest Metro Manila by providing access to the NLEX without passing through EDSA or the Balintawak Toll Plaza;
- Improve the movement of cargo between NLEX and Radial Road 10
- Reduce travel time Valenzuela City to C-3 Caloocan City from more than 1 hour to 5 minutes
- Will benefit 20,000 motorists per day
SEGMENT 10, EXIT RAMP to R-10
- Provide direct access between the port area and the northern provinces of Luzon
- Travel time from Port Area to NLEX will take only ten (10) minutes
Manila North Tollways Corp. (MNTC)
Toll Regulatory Board
Project Cost: P 7.48 Billion
Project Cost: P 9.00 Billion
SEGMENT 10, EXIT RAMP to R-10
Project Cost: P 5.724 Billion
Project Cost: P 2.10 Billion
Project Cost: P 1.70 Billion
· Detailed Engineering Design (DED) approved by TRB.
· TRB has delegated to the DPWH the acquisition of the ROW.
· Ongoing Pre-acquisition Right-of-Way activities conducted by the DPWH
· Affected lots in Quezon City and Valenzuela City already appraised by DBP
· DPWH is requesting TRB a review of the project’s economic viability.
SEGMENT 10, EXIT RAMP TO R-10
- Substantially completed, 97.52% accomplishment.
- Ongoing completion of remaining works for electrical works, road signages, deck and ground drainages, and restoration works at-grade level
- Malabon Exit opened to traffic on February 21, 2020
- Inaugurated on June 15, 2020 and opened to traffic on June 16, 2020.
- Inaugurated on February 28, 2019 and opened to traffic on March 01, 2019
- Completed and opened to the public on March 19, 2015.
- Completed and opened to the public on June 2010.
- Construction Schedule is from 2nd Quarter of 2020 to 2nd Quarter of 2022