The Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3 Project (MMSS3) is an elevated expressway from Buendia, Makati City to the North Luzon Expressway in Balintawak, Quezon City with a length of about 18.83 kilometers. 2x3 lanes from Buendia to Sgt. Rivera corner A. Bonifacio, Quezon City, 2x2 lanes from Sgt. Rivera corner A. Bonifacio to NLEX Balintawak, Quezon City and 2x3 lanes elevated roadway structure that will connect to the NLEX-SLEX Connector Road Project in the vicinity of PUP.
In order to facilitate the completion of MMSS-3 Project, the construction implementation shall be five (5) sections as follows:
Section 1: Buendia, Makati - Quirino Avenue - Nagtahan
Section 2: Nagtahan – Aurora Blvd./Ramon Magsaysay Avenue
Section 2A: Nagtahan - Tomas Claudio
Section 2A’: Tomas Claudio - PUP, Sta. Mesa
Section 2B: Tomas Claudio – Ramon Magsaysay Ave(San Juan River)
Section 3: Ramon Magsaysay Avenue – Quezon Avenue
Section 4: Quezon Avenue – Balintawak, Quezon City
Section 5: Balintawak, Quezon City – NLEX Footbridge
This project aims to:
- connect the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and North Luzon Expressway (NLEX).
- decongest traffic in Metro Manila especially C4 (EDSA), C5 (CP Garcia) and Central Metro Manila.
- complete Metro Manila Skyway System from Alabang to Balintawak as part of the approved agreement by the Philippine Government and the Business Joint Venture Agreement (BJVA) between Citra Lamtoro Gung Persada (CLP) and the Philippine National Construction Company (PNCC).
At the end of construction, the project is expected to:
- decongest EDSA and other major roads (Quezon Ave., Araneta Ave., Nagtahan, Quirino Ave., etc.) by as much as 55,000 vehicles daily
- reduce travel time from Buendia to Balintawak from 2 hours to just 15 to 20 minutes.
- provide direct employment of around 6,000 jobs during construction plus indirect jobs of around 10,000-12,000.
CITRA Central Expressway Corporation (CCEC)
- Original: Php 37.43 Billion
- Revised: Php 44.86 Billion (additional cost due to the Section 2 realignment along San Juan River - Section 2B and the connection in NLEX - Section 5, and other design change)
- Latest Estimate: Php 54.23 Billion (present construction cost excluding contingency, as submitted to TRB dated December 17, 2020. This includes Section 2A’ and Variation Orders)
- Php 51.47 Billion (present construction cost excluding Section 2A’)
- ROW Cost: Php 3.52 Billion
· Overall construction accomplishment 91.21% (including Section 2A’)
· Overall construction accomplishment 96.16% (excluding Section 2A’)
· Overall Right-of-Way accomplishment (Site Possession) 95.25% (excluding Section 2A’), 237 out of 350 lots with Permit to Enter
· Construction of ramps accomplishment 74.48% (15 ramps open to traffic, 9 ramps ongoing construction, 4 ramps under planning – total: 28 ramps)
Revised Target Completion
ØRamps – December 2022
ØSection 2A’ (main alignment) – June 2022
ØDecember 29, 2020
(Main line from Buendia to Balintawak)
Inauguration and Formal Opening
ØJanuary 14, 2021 (10 ramps initially opened)
At present, 15 ramps are now open to traffic