The Metro Manila Skyway Stage 3 Project (MMSS3) is an elevated expressway from Buendia, Makati City to the North Luzon Expressway in Balintawak, Quezon City with a length of about 18.83 kilometers. 2x3 lanes from Buendia to Sgt. Rivera corner A. Bonifacio, Quezon City, 2x2 lanes from Sgt. Rivera corner A. Bonifacio to NLEX Balintawak, Quezon City and 2x3 lanes elevated roadway structure that will connect to the NLEX-SLEX Connector Road Project in the vicinity of PUP.
In order to facilitate the completion of MMSS-3 Project, the construction implementation shall be five (5) sections as follows:
Section 1: Buendia, Makati - Quirino Avenue - Nagtahan
Section 2: Nagtahan – Aurora Blvd./Ramon Magsaysay Avenue
Section 2A: Nagtahan - Tomas Claudio
Section 2A’: Tomas Claudio - PUP, Sta. Mesa
Section 2B: Tomas Claudio – Ramon Magsaysay Ave(San Juan River)
Section 3: Ramon Magsaysay Avenue – Quezon Avenue
Section 4: Quezon Avenue – Balintawak, Quezon City
Section 5: Balintawak, Quezon City – NLEX Footbridge
This project aims to:
- connect the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) and North Luzon Expressway (NLEX).
- decongest traffic in Metro Manila especially C4 (EDSA), C5 (CP Garcia) and Central Metro Manila.
- complete Metro Manila Skyway System from Alabang to Balintawak as part of the approved agreement by the Philippine Government and the Business Joint Venture Agreement (BJVA) between Citra Lamtoro Gung Persada (CLP) and the Philippine National Construction Company (PNCC).
At the end of construction, the project is expected to:
- decongest EDSA and other major roads (Quezon Ave., Araneta Ave., Nagtahan, Quirino Ave., etc.) by as much as 55,000 vehicles daily
- reduce travel time from Buendia to Balintawak from 2 hours to just 15 to 20 minutes.
- provide direct employment of around 6,000 jobs during construction plus indirect jobs of around 10,000-12,000.
CITRA Central Expressway Corporation (CCEC)
- Original: Php 37.43 B
- Revised: Php 44.86 B [excluding contingency due to the Section 2 realignment along San Juan River and the connection in NLEX (Section 5) and other design change]
· Quirino South Bound On Ramp (beginning at Concordia straight to Buendia, Skyway Stage 1) was completed and opened to traffic on July 22, 2019
· Quirino North Bound East Off Ramp (along Osmeña Highway and terminate before Quirino Ave.) was completed and opened to traffic on December 23, 2019
· N. Domingo Bridge also known as Pinaglabanan Bridge (Old Sta. Mesa Bridge) opened to the public on March 11, 2020
· Work stoppage from March 16, 2020 to May 15, 2020 due to ECQ in Luzon
· Sevilla Bridge opened to the public on August 17, 2020
· Concreting works for the entire main viaduct slabs including the reconstruction of fire damaged structures in Section 2B was completed on October 11, 2020
· Partial opening of Skyway Stage 3 to motorists for the main line from Buendia to Balinwak started on December 29, 2020
· Inauguration and formal opening of Skyway Stage 3 held on January 14, 2021
· Ongoing construction of Section 1 Buendia-Quirino-Nagtahan, 98.02% accomplishment
· Ongoing construction of Section 2A Nagtahan-Tomas Claudio, 96.35% accomplishment
· Construction of Section 2A’ Tomas Claudio – PUP Sta. Mesa, 0% accomplishment
· Ongoing construction of Section 2B Tomas Claudio-Ramon Magsaysay Avenue, 99.11% accomplishment
· Ongoing construction of Section 3 Ramon Magsaysay to Quezon Ave., 99.44% accomplishment
· Ongoing construction of Section 4 Quezon Avenue – Balintawak, Q.C., 95.92% accomplishment
· Ongoing construction of Section 5 Balintawak, Q.C. – NLEX Footbridge, 99.55% accomplishment
· Overall construction accomplishment 92.71% (including Section 2A’)
· Overall construction accomplishment 97.68% (excluding Section 2A’)
· Overall Right-of-Way accomplishment (Site Possession) 95.13%(excluding Section 2A’), 234 out of 350 lots with Permit to Enter
· Construction of ramps accomplishment 72.92% (12 ramps open to traffic, 11 ramps ongoing construction, 4 ramps under planning – total: 27 ramps)
ØRamps – June 2021
ØDecember 29, 2020
(Main line from Buendia to Balintawak)
Inauguration and Formal Opening
ØJanuary 14, 2021 (10 ramps initially opened)
At present, 12 ramps are now open
Close to traffic: 10:00 PM to 5:00 AM (Every day for construction works)