- The NAIA Expressway Project Phase II Project is a PPP project with a 4–lane elevated expressway starting at the end point of Phase I and ending at PAGCOR Entertainment City. It will provide access to NAIA Terminal 1, 2 and 3 as well as an interface with the Skyway and Cavitex. Aside from the Main Viaduct, there are 13 entry and exit ramps as well as 3 connecting ramps. The NAIA Expressway alignment follows the existing road along Sales Avenue, Andrews Avenue, Electrical Road, above Paranaque River and NAIA Road.
- Main Viaduct (four–lane elevated expressway from Sales Road to MIA Road): 4.70–km
- Ramps (16 entry and exit ramps including the connecting ramps to NAIA Terminals 1,2 and 3): 7.95 km
- At–grade (ground level) road that will provide access to and from the PAGCOR Entertainment City– 2.20 km
This project aims to:
- provide better access to Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Terminals 1, 2 & 3) and connect to the Skyway network of NCR, in addition to providing better access to Entertainment City.
- reduce traffic congestion of roads in the vicinity of the NAIA Terminals
- improve international/domestic investment environment with better infrastructure.
The project is expected to:
- benefit 80,000 travellers per day and is expected to reduce travel time from Entertainment City to Terminals 1 & 2 (Phase IIA), estimated from 25 minutes to 8 minutes. With the opening of Phase IIB of the NAIAx, the travel time from SLEX to NAIA is from 1 hour to 20 minutes.
- connect two existing expressways, the Skyway 1 and the CAVITEX Expressway.
- The Private Concessionaire paid to government P 11 Billion as premium payment.
Vertex Tollways Development Inc. (VTDI)
|Civil Works||P 10.977|
|Government Support||P 7.093|
|Transaction Advisory Services||P 0.014|
|Right-of-Way Acquisition||P 3.977|
|Independent Consultant||P 0.802|
|Variation Order||P 2.100|
- Under Operation and Maintenance
- The O&M Division of PPP is conducting monthly routine inspection for the monitoring of the maintenance of the expressway structures as categorized on Section 15 of the MPSS and Section 12.4 of the Concession Agreement
|Phase IIA except CAVITEX area||22 September 2016|
|Phase IIB except Villamor Air Base Section||21 December 2016|
|Cavitex Section (Ramps 11 and 12)||27 December 2016|
|Circulo del Mundo Bypass Road||30 December 2016|
|Connectivity of NAIAx 1 to NAIAx 2 (Villamor Air Base)||April 2017|
|Ramps going to/from Skyway (Ramps 1 and 17)||01 June 2017|