The project is a 4-lane 45.29 km. closed-system tolled expressway connecting CAVITEX and SLEX. The project will start from the CAVITEX in Kawit, Cavite and end at the SLEX-Mamplasan Interchange in Biñan, Laguna. The project will have the following subsections:
Cavitex Connection to Open Canal Interchange
Open Canal Interchange to Governor’s Drive Interchange
Governor’s Drive Interchange to Silang (Aguinaldo) Interchange
Silang (Aguinaldo) Interchange to Silang East Interchange
Silang East Interchange to Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Interchange
Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Interchange to Laguna Boulevard Interchange
Laguna Boulevard Interchange to Laguna Technopark Interchange
Laguna Technopark Interchange to Mamplasan Toll Barrier
PPP Scheme: Build-Transfer-Operate
-Private sector to finance, construct, operate and maintain the entire 45.292kms Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAx)
- Concession Period: 35 years (including 5 years design and construction)
(Tirona Highway to the end of Greenfield Development Corporation Property near Mamplasan Exit, Laguna)
Right of Way:
60 meters, except for Laguna Techno Park &Laguna Boulevard 40 meters, Greenfield Development Corporation 50 meters
8 grade separated interchanges and 1 toll barrier
12,207 meters inclusive of 4,618 meters of viaduct
This project aims to:
- support national development policy and provide efficient transport facilities for the Eco-zones in Cavite and Laguna;
- reduce traffic congestion particularly in Governor’s Drive, Aguinaldo Highway and Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Road which are heavily congested;
- improve competitiveness of Region IV-A/CALABARZON as an investment destination.
At the end of construction, the project is expected to:
- Reduce travel time from CAVITEX to SLEX by about 45 minutes
MPCALA Holdings Inc.
Independent Consultant (50%)
Subsections 6, 7 and 8 (Sta. Rosa to Mamplasan) were partially opened to traffic on October 30, 2019.
- TOP was issued last Feb 10, 2020 for Subsections 6, 7 and 8.
- Laguna Boulevard and Laguna Technopark Interchanges opened to traffic on August 19, 2020.
- Overall accomplishment for construction on Laguna segment is 77.064% as of August 13, 2020 based on Revised Project Schedule.
Construction Start Date