The C-5 Expressway is an unsolicited project proposal with an approximate 20 kilometer, six (6) lanes (2x3 lane configuration) elevated expressway from the end of NLEX Segment 8.2 in Quezon City to CAVITEX C-5 South Link in Taguig City. It will complete the missing segment of the C-5 Circumferential Expressway Alignment, a crucial component of the Metro Manila Urban Expressway Network.
This project aims to:
- Provide direct access from the NLEX Segment 8.2 in Quezon City to the Manila-Cavite Expressway (CAVITEX) C-5 Southlink (CAVITEX Segment 3) in Taguig City.
- Support the growing economy of Metro Manila.
- Provide additional capacity to the road network in Metro Manila.
- To provide motorists seamless expressway travel from north to south and vice versa.
- To reduce usual two-hour travel time during peak periods via C-5 Road to only 15 minutes.
- To serve as viable alternative to reach Metro Manila’s major airport Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA), Makati City and Bonifacio Global City business districts, major educational institutions and residential areas.
NLEX Corporation and Cavitex Infrastructure Corporation (CIC)
- Php 71,917.82 M
The Proponent is complying with the documentary requirements necessary for the issuance of Original Proponent Status (OPS).