Design, financing, construction, operation and maintenance by the private sector of an 89.207 km. expressway from Tarlac City, Tarlac to Rosario, La Union. The project is divided into three (3) sections namely:
|Project Sections||Length (km)||Number of Lanes|
|1. Tarlac City to Rosales, Pangasinan||49.331||4 (2 lanes, both direction)|
|Section 1A: Tarlac City to Gerona, Tarlac||16.677|
|Section 1B: Gerona, Tarlac to Rosales, Pangasinan||29.654|
|2. Rosales Pangasinan to Urdaneta City, Pangasinan||15.569||4 (2 lanes, both direction)|
|3. Urdaneta City, Pangasinan to Rosario, La Union||27.307||4 (2 lanes, both direction)|
|Section 3A: Urdaneta City, Pangasinan to Pozorrubio, Pangasinan||15.50|
|Section 3B: Pozorrubio, Pangasinan to Rosario, La Union||11.807|
This project aims to:
- Reduce travel time from Tarlac City to Gerona from 45 minutes to 10 minutes, 8,000 vehicles per day will be benefited
- Reduce travel time from Tarlac City to Paniqui, Tarlac from 1 hour to 15 minutes, 10,000 vehicles per day will be benefited
- Reduce travel time from Tarlac to Rosales from 2 hours to 30 minutes, 13,000 vehicles per day will be benefited
- Reduce travel time from Tarlac to Urdaneta from 2 hours and 30 minutes to 40 minutes.
- Reduce travel time from Tarlac to Rosario from 3.5 hours to 1 hour, 20,000 vehicles per day will be benefited.
The project is funded by SMC TPLEX Corporation (formerly Private Infra Dev Corporation (PIDC)), as the proponent through the Build-Transfer-Operate (BTO) Scheme under the BOT Law.
SMC TPLEX Corporation is an all-Filipino consortium led by Rapid Thoroughfares Inc. (a wholly owned SMC Subsidiary), Grand Trackway Holdings Inc., DMCI Holdings Inc., and D.M.Consunji, Inc. as partners.
Based on Submitted Monthly Progress Report of Independent Consultant
|Construction Cost (Billion)||DED (2% of Construction Cost)|
(IC, Project Management, etc.)
(10% of Construction Cost)
|Section 1||P 10.709 B||P 0.21418 B||P 1.0709 B||P 11.99408|
|Section 2||P 3.370 B||P 0.06740 B||P 0.3370 B||P 3.77440|
|Section 3||P 5.167 B||P 0.10334 B||P 0.5167 B||P 5.78704|
|Sub Total||P 19.246 B||P 0.38492 B||P 1.92460 B||P 21.55520|
|ROW Cost and Consultancy to Realignment of Section 3||P 2.859987|
|Total Project Cost||P 24.415187|
|Less: Subsidy, ROW Cost and Consultancy to Realignment of Section 3||P 7.752987|
|Total Private Sector Cost||P 16.6622|
Physical accomplishment for Section 3B is 96.30% while summary of accomplishment for Section 3 is 98.01% as of June 25, 2020.
Overall accomplishment for the project as of June 25, 2020 is 99.44%.
Pozorrubio to Rosario section is targeted to be opened to traffic on July 15, 2020.
Section 1 (Tarlac City to Rosales Pangasinan)
· Section 1A (Tarlac City to Gerona, Tarlac)
· Section 1B (Gerona, Tarlac to Rosales, Pangasinan)
Ø Gerona, Tarlac to Paniqui, Tarlac
Ø Paniqui, Tarlac to Rosales, Pangasinan
Section 2 (Rosales Pangasinan to Urdaneta City, Pangasinan)
Section 3 (Urdaneta City, Pangasinan to Rosario, La Union)
· Section 3A (Urdaneta City, Pangasinan to Pozorrubio, Pangasinan)
Ø Urdaneta City, Pangasinan to Binalonan, Pangasinan
Ø Binalonan, Pangasinan to Pozorrubio, Pangasinan
· Section 3B (Pozorrubio to Sison to Rosario, La Union)
· Target Opening for Sison Entry/Exit Toll Plaza