The project involves the finance, construction and operation and maintenance of a toll road from Lipa City-Batangas City, Northbound; Improvement of Stage 1 thru asphalt overlay including the STAR and SLEX TR-3 Interconnection.
Stage 1: Sto. Tomas-Lipa City Section
22.16 km, 4- lane
Year Completed: 2000
Year Operated: 2001
Improvement of Stage 1
The improvement of Stage 1 involves the asphalt overlay of the 22 kms. North and Southbound lanes from Sto. Tomas, Batangas to Lipa City.
Stage 2 (Phase II): Lipa City to Batangas City (Northbound)
The project involves the construction of the additional two (2) lanes, 19.74 kilometers of PCCP.
This project aims to:
- improve the connectivity and capacity of the existing transport network going to and from Metro Manila.
- enhance the quality of the environment and to spur economic development of the area.
- benefit residential subdivisions such as Ayala, Camella, Robinsons, and Aboitiz.
- benefit existing industrial estates such as Lima Land and FPIP.
The project is expected to:
- lessen travel time from 55 minutes to 31 minutes.
- benefit an average no. of 33,000 travelers per day.
Star Infrastructure Development Corporation (SIDC)
Construction Cost: Php 1,958,799,207.56
Total project Cost: Php 2,315,160,803.01
- The International Roughness Index (IRI) test on Asphalt Overlay on Stage 1 and PCCP on Stage 2 was conducted on January 13-14, 2015. The Final IRI reading for Stage I Northbound is 1.743 for inner lane and 1.792 for outer lane. Stage I Southbound has a final reading of 1.660 for inner lane and 1.638 for outer lane. Both lanes also conformed to the Department's proposed IRI requirement of 3.0. Likewise, the results for Stage II conformed to the requirement with an average of 1.82.
- Under Operation and Maintenance