The project involves the 21.60-km extension of the NLEX eastward from Valenzuela City to Mel Lopez Blvd./R10, (NLEX Harbor Link Project comprising of Segments 9,10 and Exit Ramp to R10) and westward from Valenzuela City to Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City, (Circumferential Road 5(C-5) comprising of Segments 8.1 and 8.2).
A) SEGMENT 8.2 – is a proposed 8.30 kms 4-lane divided (2x2) expressway from Segment 8.1 at Mindanao Avenue, traversing westward to Republic Avenue and turning right to Luzon Avenue up to Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City.
Section 1A: Mindanao Avenue to Quirino Highway, 2.0 kms.
Section 1B: Quirino Highway to Regalado Avenue, 3.80 kms.
Section 1C: Regalado Avenue to Congressional Avenue, 2.50 kms
B) SEGMENT 10, EXIT RAMP TO R-10 - is a 2.60 km. 6-lane elevated ramp extending the NLEX Harbor Link Segment 10 exit to Radial Road 10 (R-10), using c-3 Road as its route.
C) SEGMENT 10 – is a 5.58-km 6-lane divided (2x3) elevated expressway connecting McArthur Highway in Valenzuela City and Circumferential Road 3 (C-3) in Caloocan City. It will utilize the existing PNR railroad tracks that cut across Valenzuela City, Malabon City, and Caloocan City.
D) SEGMENT 9 - is a 2.42-km. 4-lane (2x2) expressway that connects NLEX/Smart Connect Interchange to McArthur Highway in Valenzuela City.
E) SEGMENT 8.1 - A 2.7-km expressway connecting the NLEX, at its Valenzuela City junction, to Mindanao Avenue in Quezon City. A major component is the cloverleaf SMART Connect Interchange crossing the main expressway. It provided motorists with alternative entry and exit ramps to the NLEX.
- Reduce travel time from Mindanao Avenue going to Commonwealth Avenue from 45 minutes to 10 minutes.
- Will benefit 45,000 motorists per day
- Decongest Metro Manila by providing access to the NLEX without passing through EDSA or the Balintawak Toll Plaza.
- Improve the movement of cargo between NLEX and Radial Road 10.
- Reduce travel time from Valenzuela City to C-3 Caloocan City from more than 1 hour to 5 minutes.
- Will benefit 20,000 motorists per day.
SEGMENT 10, EXIT RAMP to R-10
- Provide direct access between the port area and the northern provinces of Luzon.
- Travel time from Port Area to NLEX will take only ten (10) minutes.
NLEX Corporation [known as Manila North Tollways Corp. (MNTC)]
Toll Regulatory Board
- Project Cost: Php 11.50 Billion (Civil Works)
RIGHT OF WAY ACQUISITION COST:
- Php 4.715 Billion – estimated payment for properties of private owner
- Php 17.002 Billion – payment for ISF resettlement and Relocation
- Project Cost: Php 9.00 Billion
SEGMENT 10, EXIT RAMP to R-10
- Project Cost: Php 6.55 Billion
- Project Cost: Php 2.10 Billion
- Project Cost: Php 1.70 Billion
- The Board approved the proposal of NLEX Corporation to implement the first two (2) kilometers, Section 1A, subject to applicable laws, regulations and the provisions of the existing agreement with the Toll Regulatory Board (TRB).
- Ongoing Right-of-Way activities
- Right-of-Way Accomplishment for Section 1A: 69.55%
- Ongoing coordination/discussion of concerns with appropriate Local Government for the conduct of relocation activities of project affected informal settler families located in Section 1A.
SEGMENT 10, EXIT RAMP TO R-10
- Malabon Exit opened to traffic on February 21, 2020
- Inaugurated on June 15,2020 & opened to traffic on June 16, 2020
- Inaugurated on February 28, 2019 and opened to traffic on March 01, 2019
- Completed and opened to traffic on March 19, 2015.
- Completed and opened to the public on June 2010.
- Construction Schedule is from 2022 to 2024