- An 8 – kilometer all elevated 4-lane toll expressway extending the NLEX southward from the end of Segment 10 in C3 Road Caloocan City to PUP Sta. Mesa, Manila and connecting to the Skyway Stage 3, and mostly traversing the PNR rail track. The project includes two (2) interchanges located at C3 Road/5th Avenue, Caloocan and España, Manila.
This project aims to:
- stimulate development in Manila, Caloocan, Malabon and Navotas, as well as its surrounding areas.
- decongest Metro Manila traffic
- provide trucks with 24/7 alternative route and resolve truck-ban problems
- provide better access to Manila Ports (North Harbor) and Airports (NAIA and Clark)
- complete the connection of NLEx with SLEx
At the end of construction, the project is expected to:
- reduce travel time from SLEX to NLEX from 2 hours to just 20 minutes
- reduce travel time from Clark to Calamba from approximately 3 hours to 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- benefit at least 35,000 motorists/vehicles per day
- improve connectivity between NAIA and Clark airports.
Manila North Tollways Corporation (MNTC)
Relocation of Utilities
For Right-of-Way (ROW) acquisition:
· During the implementation of Modified Enhance Community Quarantine (MECQ) on August 4-18, 2020, ROW activities still continue with skeletal works such as processing of folders for the payment of affected properties and preparation of cad drawings and estimates of affected structures. Other activities such as ISFs relocation, tree cutting, demolition of structures and borehole verification were put on hold and will resume after MECQ following some health and safety protocols. The following are the latest accomplishment status of right-of-way activities:
o 164 of out 644 Informal Settler Families (ISFs) already relocated for Caloocan area. LIAC Caloocan postponed the relocation of 27 families with negative rapid test result COVID 19 due to MECQ.
o 212 out of 285 (72.63%) affected private structures were already demolished at Caloocan Area including Marulas Elementary School and all structures under EO 48
o 100% completed tree cutting and earth balling activities for affected trees at Caloocan Area. Awaiting for the terminal report from the contractor to be submitted to DENR.
o Verification borehole testing already at 89.67%. 269 out of 300 completed of borehole activities.
· Due to the limited office capacity and staff house, DPWH personnel had been divided into two groups (Work From Home and Report on Site Office) which shall be deployed simultaneously. ROW activities that can be done at home includes the preparation and review of Replacement Cost Estimate, Program of Expenditure, status of documents and communications with affected property owners.
· 94.15% of the Replacement Cost Estimates of affected structures already completed for Section 2 Manila Area.
· 78.40% available Right-of-Way for the whole alignment composed of 92.30% for Section 1-Caloocan, 52.27% for Section 1-Manila and 79.13% for Section 2-Manila.
For Construction Activities:
· Bored piling activity and concreting of column of the advance works by Leighton Contractors from Pier 1 to Pier 6 is already completed, ongoing formworks and scaffolding installation.
· Columns for Piers 8, 9 and 10 already concreted. 10 Piers almost done rebar installation and ready for formworks and scaffoldings.
· 54 out of 76 Bored Piles for Caloocan area are available for construction, 34 out of 54 are already completed.
· Representatives from DPWH PPPS, Concessionaire, Independent Consultant and DMCI conducted a meeting at Brgy. 364, Manila to secure barangay clearance and address the issues and concerns of the community with regards to Right-of-Way acquisition and construction activity.
· The project with an accomplishment of 8.96% is behind by schedule by 7.72%. This is due to lockdown brought by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Target Start of Construction
Target Completion of Civil Works