- The project involves approximately 54-km. toll road which will start near the end of the Tarlac-Pangasinan La Union Expressway (TPLEX) in Rosario, La Union and will terminate at F. Ortega Highway at San Fernando, La Union.
This project aims to:
- decongest the traffic along the McArthur Highway by catering to the vehicles going to the province of La Union
- provide a better flow of trade of goods (e.g. agricultural products/crops) and will prove to be beneficial to the outlying provinces of Regions I, II and III. A good flow of goods will eventually lead to creation of jobs.
- uplift the economic and social conditions of the Northern Luzon area.
- reduce travel time and vehicle operating cost by allowing vehicles to operate at optimum speed.
- provide a safe and high-speed access to the province of La Union.
- Ongoing preparation of the Terms of Reference (TOR) and Estimated Budget for the Contract (EBC).
- Procurement of consultant to conduct the Feasibility Study (FS) will be through Project Development Monitoring Facility (PDMF) as per veto message of the President dated 19 December 2017
- Requested to PPP Center for inclusion in PDMF Fund on 19 February 2018
- For Feasibility Study