Assistant Secretary Ador G. Canlas’ career in the public service began in 1985 when he first entered DPWH, then Ministry of Public Works and Highways, as an Electrical Engineer in Pampanga 1st District Engineering Office. Since then, his career started to rise and he held several vital engineering positions in DPWH which honed him to reach his present position as the Assistant Secretary for Regional Operations in Mindanao.
Prior to his present appointment, Assistant Secretary Ador G. Canlas served as Regional Director in Region 7 from 2012 to 2018. He was also appointed as the Regional Director for the DPWH’s prime region, DPWH-NCR, where his engineering expertise stood out when, he managed to complete several essential projects in NCR, through his strong leadership skills. During the height of the pandemic caused by COVID-19, various quarantine and isolation facilities were accomplished under his management.
His professional affiliations include Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers (PICE) where he was elected 2nd National Vice President in 2015, 1st National Vice President in 2016, National Board of Directors FY 2011- 2013 and President Elect FY 2021. He is a life member of the Road Engineering Association of the Philippines (REAP), a Life member of REAAA, and a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) from 2009 to present.
In October 2011, Assistant Secretary Ador G. Canlas was ranked Top 1 in the DPWH-CSC Promotional Exam for Third Level Positions. That same year, he was conferred with the Career Executive Service Eligibility.
He holds a degree in Electrical Engineering from Mapua Institute of Technology from 1980-1984. He also earned another degree from 1998-2001, this time, in Civil Engineering from Holy Angel University. He is also a holder of Master Degree in Public Management from the University of the Philippines, Diliman from 1994-1995.
He was born and raised in San Fernando, Pampanga.
The Assistant Secretary for Regional Operations in Mindanao is in charge of:
1. Assists the Undersecretary for Regional Operations in Mindanao with the overall supervision of the Regional Offices and District Engineering Offices of Mindanao in the exercise of their functions.
2. Actively maintains linkages with other agencies and local government units including Non-government Organizations.
3. Contributes in the formulation of policies and measures that will enhance or continually improve the department’s systems and procedures.
• Chairperson, Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) for Consulting Services (December 18, 2020 to May 16, 2021)
• Chairperson, Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) for Civil Works (May 17 to October 18, 2021)
• Vice-Chairperson, Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) for Consulting Services ( May 17, 2021 to present)
• Overall Head, Quality Management System (January 20, 2021 to present)
• DPWH Alternate Focal Person, Comprehensive Social Benefits Program (CSBP) (February 18, 2021 to present)
• DPWH Alternate Representative to the Government Procurement Policy Board (GPPB) (July 01, 2021 to present)
• DPWH Alternate Co-head, Special Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (DSTF-ELCAC) (March 10, 2021 to present)
• Vice Chairperson, Committee on the Revision of Department Order No. 117, Series of 2017, Revised Guidelines for the Determination of Major and Similar Categories of Work and Eligibility Requirements for Work Experience in the Procurement of Infrastructure Contracts. (September 13, 2021 to present)