The Project is 62km located in the northern coastline of Manila Bay that involves financing, design and construction of the following components:
a. City Flood Control in the coastal waters of Navotas City;
b. Coastal Sea Barrier through the northern part of Manila Bay covering the coastal areas of Bulacan, Pampanga and Bataan;
c. An expressway that will connect Bataan with Metro Manila and providing direct access to the provinces of Bulacan and Pampanga with a Concession Period of 50 years.
This project aims to:
- improve adaptive capacity against city coastal flooding of northwest Metro Manila;
- improve adaptive capacity against typhoon waves of the coastal zone in the northern part of Manila Bay;
- increase efficiency of logistics;
- provide space to accommodate urban growth and industrial development; and
- enhance the littoral ecological system of Manila Bay.
Coastal Development Consortium (CDC) consists of San Miguel Holdings Corporation (SMHC) and New San Jose Builders Inc. (NSJBI)
City Flood Barrier
Development Cost, etc.
Constant cost in price levels of 2014, in Philippine Peso
DPWH awaits for the responses of the Original Proponent (OP) on the TWG and Sub-Committee comments/ recommendations.