The project has a length of approximately 29.21 km and is situated on the southeast of Mindanao (Davao City). It is a two-lane per direction expressway that is divided into three (3) Sections:
Section 1 - Davao City Coastal Road to Ma-a Interchange
Section 2 - Panacan Interchange to Ma-a Interchange
Section 3 - Ma-a Interchange to Dumoy Interchange
(with Proposed 0.26 km Expressway Tunnel)
• To link the main areas with centralized passenger and cargo such as port and airport, relieve the traffic pressure in the downtown, improve the transport logistics and traffic congestion in Davao City, and improve the trip conditions of residents.
• To greatly enhance the traffic capacity of Davao section of Asian Highway 26 (AH26) and play a better role as the trunk of Asian Highway.
• To boost economic and social development of Davao and drive the rapid economic development of Mindanao.
Section 1 - PhP 23,167.15
Section 2 - PhP 23,432.09
Section 3 - PhP 23,231.16
Total Project Cost : PhP 69,830.40
Note: Total Project Cost includes ROW Cost Estimate
amounting to 4.12 Billion
• As per meeting with DOF and NEDA on 24 September 2020, the implementation of the project will proceed through China Loan Financing
• The NEDA ICC-TB had already endorsed the project for ICC-CC approval through its letter dated 14 December 2020
• In the letter of DPWH to PPP Center dated 29 December 2020, the Davao City Expressway Project was reverted to ODA mode of financing