- A new four (4)-lane toll road from Sto. Tomas, Batangas to Tayabas/Lucena City in Quezon, 66.74 km. long
- The revised alignment is divided into six (6) packages as follows:
Package A: Santo Tomas, Batangas to Makban, Laguna
Package B: Makban, Laguna to San Pablo, Laguna
Package C: San Pablo, Laguna to Tiaong, Quezon
Package D: Tiaong, Quezon to Candelaria, Quezon
Package E: Candelaria, Quezon to Tayabas, Quezon
Package F: Tayabas, Quezon to Brgy. Mayao, Lucena, Quezon*
*Proposed TR4 Extension
This project aims to:
- improve the transport of goods and services from the Southern Provinces to Manila and vice versa.
- shorten travel time, decongest, and reduce the volume of traffic plying the Pan Philippine Highway.
- enhance the economic efficiency of the existing South Luzon Expressway (SLEX), allowing to meet the increasing demand of traffic volumes due to the rapid growth of population, urbanization, and economic development of Quezon Province and adjoining provinces.
At the end of construction, the project is expected to:
- efficiently move people, products/goods and services to and from Laguna, Batangas, Quezon, and Bicol Region.
- reduce travel time along the 58-kilometer stretch between Sto. Tomas and Lucena from 4 hours to 1 hour.
- provide the motorists with safer and more convenient travel on modern tollway facilities like well-lit toll plazas, fiber optics, and CCTV cameras, among others.
South Luzon Tollways Corporation (SLTC)
- P 13.10 Billion (subject to adjustment due to additional section, Package TR4F)
- Groundbreaking held on March 26, 2019 at Tiaong, Quezon.
- On-going construction of underpass in Tiaong, Quezon
- On-going construction of Tiaong Interchange roadworks and structures – Package C. On-going road clearing and grubbing from Sta. 70+140 to Sta. 70+700 and embankment construction from 70+700 to Sta. 71+180 Package B
- Ongoing securing of Tree Cutting Permits for forest trees.
- Ongoing securing of Tree Cutting Permits for Coconut Tree.
- Ongoing Tree Inventory: Completed at Brgys. San Andres and San Agustin Alaminos, Laguna; Brgys. San Felix, San Juan, San Jose, Santiago, San Bartolome, San Rafael, San Pablo San Vicente and San Antonio, Sto. Tomas Batangas.
- On-going posting of Paabiso sa Publiko for unknown, unregistered and subdivided lots in some areas of Alaminos and San Pablo Laguna and Tiaong, Candelaria, Sariaya and Tayabas Quezon.
Right-of-Way Acquisition by DPWH.
- Total affected lots: 1,739; Signed Permits to Enter: 460
- Package A: 62 out of 751 lots appraised by DBP; Ongoing appraisal of 51 lots
- Package B: 150 out of 310 lots appraised by DBP; Ongoing appraisal of 158 lots
- Package C: 141 out of 141 lots appraised by DBP
- Package D: 328 out of 344 lots appraised by DBP
- Package E: 185 out of 193 lots appraised by DBP
- Package F: Detailed Design Stage