The project is a 4-lane 45.292 km. closed-system tolled expressway connecting CAVITEX and SLEX. The project will start from the CAVITEX in Kawit, Cavite and end at the SLEX-Mamplasan Interchange in Biñan, Laguna. The project will have interchanges in 8 locations namely; Kawit, Open Canal, Governor’s Drive, Aguinaldo Highway, Silang East, Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Rd., Laguna Blvd., and Technopark.
- PPP Scheme: Build-Transfer-Operate
-Private sector to finance, construct, operate and maintain the entire 45.292kms Cavite-Laguna Expressway (CALAx)
- Concession Period: 35 years (including 5 years design and construction)
(Tirona Highway to the end of Greenfield Development Corporation Property near Mamplasan Exit, Laguna)
Right of Way:
60 meters, except for Laguna Techno Park &Laguna Boulevard 40 meters, Greenfield Development Corporation 50 meters
8 grade separated interchanges and 1 toll barrier
12,207 meters inclusive of 4,618 meters of viaduct
- To support national development policy and provide efficient transport facilities for the Eco-zones in Cavite and Laguna;
- To reduce traffic congestion particularly in Governor’s Drive, Aguinaldo Highway and Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay Road which are heavily congested;
- To improve competitiveness of Region IV-A/CALABARZON as an investment destination.
• Reduce travel time from CAVITEX to SLEX by about 45 minutes
MPCALA Holdings Inc.
- P 25,2247.329 M Civil Works
- P 56.562 M Independent Consultant (50%)
- P 10,201.109 M Right-Of-Way
- P 200.00 M Relocation of Utilities
- Groundbreaking was held on June 19, 2017.
- ECC of Cavite side of CALAx is currently being processed
- MOA between DPWH and PNP-SAF is being drafted for use of the ROW in the PNP-SAF property at Sta. Rosa City, Laguna
- DED and Parcellary Plans for Governor's Drive Interchange are currently being finalized
- Bill of Quanitities of the CALAx project is currently being reviewed by the Independent Consultant (IC)
- Ongoing mobilization of equipment for construction of the two (2) sub-sections (Technopark and Laguna Boulevard Interchanges), with a length of 7kms.
- Right-of-Way Acquisition ongoing for remaining sections. Total accomplishment for the ROW activities has reached 56.09% as of October 25, 2017.
Opening of Pre-qualification Documents
19 May 2015
Opening of Technical Proposal
22 May 2015
Opening of Financial Proposal (MPCALA Holdings Inc. submitted highest bid amount of Php 27,300,000,000.00
26 May 2015
Issuance of Notice of Award
08 June 2015
Submission of Post-Award Requirements
26 June 2015
Issuance of Notice of Compliance with Post-Award Requirements
30 June 2015
Contract Signing Date together with the payment of PhP 5,460,000,000.00
10 July 2015
Detailed Engineering Design
July 2015 – Sept 2016
Construction Start Date
2nd Quarter 2017