- The C-5 Expressway is an approximate 27.00 kilometer, six (6) lanes (2x3 lane configuration) all-elevated expressway from the end of NLEX Segment 8.2 in Luzon Avenue, Quezon City to Cavitex C-5 South Link. It will complete the missing segment of the C-5 Circumferential Expressway alignment, a crucial component of the Metro Manila Urban Expressway Network. The project is divided into two (2) sections, namely:
CAVITEX C-5 South Link to Pasig Blvd.
Pasig Blvd. to NLEX C-5 North Link (Segment 8.2)
This project aims to:
- provide fast and seamless travel for motorists east of Metro Manila and connect Quezon City, Pasig, Taguig and Pasay.
- enable the facility to address the varying vehicle demand throughout the day while also providing continuous positive protection between opposing flows of traffic.
At the end of the construction, the project is expected to:
- reduce the usual two-hour travel time during peak periods via C-5 Road to less than 30 minutes.
- feature the use of Open Road Tolling to improve traffic throughput and reduce delays due to toll payment.
- NLEX Corporation (formerly MNTC) and Cavitex Infrastructure Corporation (CIC)
- Php 92.727 Billion
- DPWH requested the Private Sector for the submission of the complete proposal in accordance with BOT Law and its IRR.
- PPP Service requested the Bureau of Design and Planning Service to help identify any possible conflicts of PPP projects with both ongoing and proposed DPWH regular infrastructure projects.
- Private Sector/Proponent submitted the amended proposal on December 20, 2017 which is subject for evaluation of DPWH as to completeness.
- PPPS requested the Proponent for the details and specifications of the proposed new technology for the project
- PPPS requested BOD, BOC and BRS for the confirmation of new technology
- To be evaluated in accordance with Section 10.7 of the BOT Law and its IRR
- For Evaluation