The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) has secured clearance from the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) to undertake reblocking and road repair at national roads in Metro Manila this weekend.
Repair/rehabilitation works will start on October 3, Friday at 10 PM and will be passable to traffic by 5AM on October 6, which was earlier declared a regular holiday in observance of Eid-al-Adha.
DPWH has requested that the concrete re-blocked area be allowed to attain the three (3) days curing period in accordance with the approved design and specification of the Department. Secretary Rogelio L. Singson said that newly paved road prematurely opened or subjected to a moving load without attaining the prescribed curing period of three (3) days may result to an early deterioration of concrete pavement.
The following are roads where repair will be undertaken:
- Along Araneta Avenue from Calamba Street to Quezon Avenue, Quezon City specifically before and after Maria Clara Street, 2nd Lane, South Bound, with length of 58.50 lineal meters (lm);
- Along Fairview Avenue from Winston Street to Puregold, 3rd lane, southbound, with a total length of 76.30 lm;
- Along Mindanao Avenue from Old Sauyo Road to Rosal Street, 3rd lane, southbound with a total length of 85.50 lm;
- Along C.P. Garcia Avenue, Quezon City specifically Maginhawa Street to E. Jacinto Street, northbound, 3rd lane, with a total length of 51.15 lm; and
- Along Congressional Avenue from April Street to Ayshire, 1st lane, westbound, with a total length of 58.50 lm.