The proposed Davao City Bypass Construction Project which is located within Davao City has an approximate 44.6KM length, including the tunnel section, which will start from Davao-Digos section of the Pan Philippine Highway in Toril, Davao City and will terminate intersecting the Davao-Agusan National Highway in Panabo City.
The project is divided into two phases, precisely:
· South Section (Road) and Center Section (Tunnel) — JICA PH-P261
Roads and Bridges
: 26.5 KM
: 2.3 KM
Improvement of exsiting two connector (local) road
: 10.2 KM
: Php 14.23 B (JICA-P9.27B; GOP-P4.96B)
: April 2019 – April 2022
· North Section (Road) — Locally Funded
Roads and Bridges
: 15.8 KM
: Php 5.577 B
: January 2020 – January 2022
· Widening of the 42.3 KM Bypass road from two-lane to four-lane road
: Php 10 B
: 2019 - 2025
- To divert the traffic to the Bypass, instead of passing through the Urban Center relieving its present chronic traffic congestion;
- To expand urban areas towards the inland areas which will be orderly guided by a new road network which is the Bypass;
- To strongly support economic activities, particularly for the manufactuing and agri-business industries, by providing easier transport access to seaports and airports
ESTIMATED PROJECT COST:
- Approximately Php 29.81 Billion
PHASE I – South and Center Section:
· Proposal for the restructuring of the scope of work of JICA loan PH-P261 was submitted to NEDA ICC for approval and now under review/evaluation. Detailed Design for approval by the Bureau of Design.
PHASE I – North Section :
· Detailed Engineering Design to be supplemented under Contract of CP1.
· Detailed Engineering Design will be carried out during DED of Phase I.
· For Business Case/Feasibility Study