- The C-5 Expressway is an approximate 20 kilometer, six (6) lanes (2x3 lane configuration) elevated expressway from the end of NLEX Segment 8.2 in Quezon City to Cavitex C-5 South Link in Taguig City. It will complete the missing segment of the C-5 Circumferential Expressway alignment, a crucial component of the Metro Manila Urban Expressway Network.
This project aims to:
- Provide direct access from the NLEX Segment 8.2 in Quezon City to the Manila-Cavite Expressway (CAVITEX) C-5 Southlink (CAVITEX Segment 3) in Taguig City.
- Support the growing economy of Metro Manila.
- Provide additional capacity to the road network in Metro Manila
- To provide motorists seamless expressway travel from north to south and vice versa
- To reduce usual two-hour travel time during peak periods via C-5 Road to only 15 minutes
- To serve as viable alternative to reach Metro Manila's major airport Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA), Makati City and Bonifacio Global City business districts, major educational institutions and residential areas.
- NLEX Corporation (formerly MNTC) and Cavitex Infrastructure Corporation (CIC)
- Design, Construction, etc. : Php 65,296.49 M
- Right-of-Way Cost : Php 6,621.33 M
- Total : Php 71,917.82 M
- DPWH confirmed completeness of proposal in accordance with Section 10.5 of the BOT IRR Law on May 9, 2018
- Ongoing evaluation of the unsolicited proposal in accordance with Section 10.7 of the BOT Law and its IRR and awaiting for the submission of the lacking documents from the proponent
- For Evaluation