- The project involves the finance, construction and operation and maintenance of a toll road from Lipa City-Batangas City, Northbound; Improvement of Stage 1 thru asphalt overlay including the STAR and SLEX TR-3 Interconnection.
|Stage 1:||Sto. Tomas–Lipa City Section|
22.16 km, 4– lane
Year Completed: 2000
Year Operated: 2001
|Improvement of Stage 1|
|The improvement of Stage 1 involves the asphalt overlay of|
the 22 kms. North and Southbound lanes from Sto. Tomas,
Batangas to Lipa City
|Stage 2 (Phase II):||Lipa City to Batangas City (Northbound)|
The project involves the construction of the additional two
(2) lanes, 19.74 kms. of PCCP
- The overall benefits to be derived from this project are the improvements of the connectivity and capacity of the existing transport network going to and from Metro Manila.
- Enhancement of the quality of the environment and to spur economic development of the area.
- Among the residential subdivisions that will benefit from the project are Ayala, Camella, Robinsons, and Aboitiz.
- Industrial Estates Lima Land and FPIP are existing industrial estates that will also benefit from the project.
- Travel time will be lessened from 55 minutes to 31 minutes.
- Average no. of travelers that will benefit per day is 33,000.
Star Infrastructure Development Corporation (SIDC)
Construction Cost: Php 1,958,799,207.56
Total project Cost: Php 2,315,160,803.01
- Project Start Date: 22 May 2013
- Project Completion Date: 21 May 2015
- The International Roughness Index (IRI) test on Asphalt Overlay on Stage 1 and PCCP on Stage 2 was conducted on January 13-14, 2015. The Final IRI reading for Stage I Northbound is 1.743 for inner lane and 1.792 for outer lane. Stage I Southbound has a final reading of 1.660 for inner lane and 1.638 for outer lane. Both lanes also conformed to the Department's proposed IRI requirement of 3.0. Likewise, the results for Stage II conformed to the requirement with an average of 1.82.
- The project is already completed as of May 18, 2015 as per Certification issued by the Independent Consultant.
- Certificate of Completion (COC) was already issued by DPWH-PPP Service to SIDC.
- Sabang Bridge was opened to all types of vehicles on August 22, 2017.