The project will start at Pagbilao, Quezon and will end at existing Maharlika Highway in San Fernando, Camarines Sur. The project will have an indicative length of approximately 220 kilometers and will be an alternative option of travel from Quezon and the Bicol Provinces.
This project aims to:
- provide a fast and developed alternative for commuters to use since the original road being traversed by the people will go through the “Poblacions” of the different Municipalities.
- provide a safe and direct route to the provinces of Bicol since the original route traverses through the mountainside and other fragmentary roads.
- provide a direct and fast route between both provinces, the trade of goods will also prosper not only between Quezon and Bicol but also in the Northern part of Luzon because travel time for trucks will be reduced.
- be classified as a “Project of National Significance” due to its function to connect Quezon and Bicol provinces which are fast developing provinces of Southern Luzon.
- To be determined
- Consultant presented three (3) initial alignments for the project
- Consultant commenced on the conduct of survey following Option 1
- Consultant submitted Progress Report No. 1 on September 2018
- Consultant submitted the Draft Final Report last 21 January 2019 and was found to be incomplete.
- Awaiting for the additional documents to be submitted, and for evaluation of PPD.
- Ongoing Feasibility Study