- The Plaridel Bypass Road is an arterial road of 24.61 km that will link the NLEX in Balagtas, Bulacan with the Philippine-Japan Friendship Highway, also called Maharlika Highway in San Rafael, Bulacan. It will bypass the town proper of Plaridel and urban areas of Pulilan and Baliuag along the existing Maharlika Highway, thus alleviate the perennial traffic congestion at the core urban areas along Philippine-Japan Friendship Highway road section from Plaridel to San Rafael, Bulacan.
- The construction of Plaridel Bypass Road involves a total length of 24.61 kms. and eleven (11) bridges. It traverses the vast agricultural lands of five (5) municipalities in Bulacan namely; Balagtas, Guiguinto, Plaridel, Bustos and San Rafael. The Plaridel Bypass Road starts at Sta. 032+970.33 (Brgy. Borol in Balagtas) along the North Expressway and will connect the Maharlika Highway Sta. 057+365.733, in Brgy. Maasim, San Rafael, Bulacan. It is divided into four (4) contract packages, as follows:
PHASE I – Priority Contract Packages under JICA Loan No. PH-P236 as revised
- CP 1, Sta. 032+970.33 to Sta. 039+625
Length: 6.87 kms and 2.40 kms. spur/access road
- CP 2, Sta. 039+625 to Sta. 047+400
Length: 7.78 kms and 7 bridges
PHASE II – Remaining Contract Packages under JICA Loan No. PH-P250)
- CP 3, Sta. 047+400 to Sta. 049+625
Length: 2.22 kms and 2 Bridges
- CP 4, Sta. 049+625 to Sta. 057+365.733
Length: 7.74 kms and 2 Bridges
- To manage and reduce traffic congestion.
- Complement on-going, committed, and proposed projects for further enhancement and improvement of access that will encourage an increase in economic activities and productivity along its influence areas.
- Php 151,786,968.93 (Contract amount for the Consulting Services for the Procurement of Civil Works & Construction Supervision of the Arterial Road Bypass Project,Phase II)
- Contract Package I of Plaridel Bypass Road
The completed road starts at Sta. 32+970.00 at North Luzon Expressway in Brgy. Borol, Balagtas, Bulacan and ends at Sta. 39+625 in Brgy. Bulihan, Plaridel with a length of 6.87 km.
- Contract Package II of Plaridel Bypass Road
The completed road bypass section covering about 7.78 kms starts at Sta. 39+625 (end of CP I) Bulihan, Plaridel and ends at Sta. 47+400 in Brgy. Bonga Manor, Bustos, Bulacan. It includes the construction of seven (7) new bridges, drainage facilities, slope protection works and furnishing of miscellaneous items.
- Contract Package III of Plaridel Bypass Road
Construction Progress as of May 25, 2016 is 69.91 % based on the revised schedule due to Variation Order #1.
- Contract Package IV of Plaridel Bypass Road
Notice to proceed issued to CM Pancho on May 16, 2016.
|Issuance of Bid Documents||March 09, 2015|
|Pre-bid Conference||April 14, 2015|
|Submitted Bid Prequalification Evaluation of Bidders||May 12, 2015|
|Opening of Bid||August 18, 2015|
|Resolution of Notice of Award||January 27, 2016|
|Notice to Proceed||May 16, 2016|
Issues and Concerns:
- Though most of the Permits to Enter (PTEs) were already secured from Project Affected Persons (PAPs), payments of improvements and lots could not be done expeditiously because of the tedious documentations and COA requirements such as detailed as-built drawings of affected structures.