- An 8 – kilometer all elevated 4-lane toll expressway extending the NLEX southward from the end of Segment 10 in C3 Road Caloocan City to PUP Sta. Mesa, Manila and connecting to the Skyway Stage 3, and mostly traversing the PNR rail track. The project includes two (2) interchanges located at C3 Road/5th Avenue, Caloocan and España, Manila.
This project aims to:
- stimulate development in Manila, Caloocan, Malabon and Navotas, as well as its surrounding areas.
- decongest Metro Manila traffic
- provide trucks with 24/7 alternative route and resolve truck-ban problems
- provide better access to Manila Ports (North Harbor) and Airports (NAIA and Clark)
- complete the connection of NLEx with SLEx
At the end of construction, the project is expected to:
- reduce travel time from SLEX to NLEX from 2 hours to just 20 minutes
- reduce travel time from Clark to Calamba from approximately 3 hours to 1 hour and 40 minutes.
- benefit at least 35,000 motorists/vehicles per day
- improve connectivity between NAIA and Clark airports.
Manila North Tollways Corporation (MNTC)
Relocation of Utilities
- Parcellary Survey Plan already approved
- NHA completed census and tagging for affected households
- Groundbreaking Ceremony held on February 28, 2019 at C3 Road, Caloocan City
- Tree cutting started, with target completion on May 2019
- ROW Acquisition ongoing
- Ongoing testing of materials and pile hacking at C3 Junction
- Pre-Construction Works already started
DED (10 months)
Target delivery of ROW
Construction target duration (24 months)
December 2016 – September 2017
May 2019 – May 2021
Target Start of Construction as per C.A.