- The NAIA Expressway Project Phase II Project is a PPP project with a 4–lane elevated expressway starting at the end point of Phase I and ending at PAGCOR Entertainment City. It will provide access to NAIA Terminal 1, 2 and 3 as well as an interface with the Skyway and Cavitex. Aside from the Main Viaduct, there are 13 entry and exit ramps as well as 3 connecting ramps. The NAIA Expressway alignment follows the existing road along Sales Avenue, Andrews Avenue, Electrical Road, above Paranaque River and NAIA Road.
- Main Viaduct (four–lane elevated expressway from Sales Road to MIA Road): 4.70–km
- Ramps (16 entry and exit ramps including the connecting ramps to NAIA Terminals 1,2 and 3): 7.95 km
- At–grade (ground level) road that will provide access to and from the PAGCOR Entertainment City– 2.20 km
- Phase II–A Macapagal Blvd. – MIA Road/NAIA Terminals 1 and 2
- Phase II–B Domestic Road-Andrews Avenue–Sales Road including Entertainment City
This project aims to:
- provide better access to Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Terminals 1, 2 & 3) and connect to the Skyway network of NCR, in addition to providing better access to Entertainment City.
- reduce traffic congestion of roads in the vicinity of the NAIA Terminals
- improve international/domestic investment environment with better infrastructure.
At the end of the construction, the project is expected to:
- benefit 80,000 travellers per day and is expected to reduce travel time from Entertainment City to Terminals 1 & 2 (Phase IIA), estimated from 25 minutes to 8 minutes. With the opening of Phase IIB of the NAIAx, the travel time from SLEX to NAIA is from 1 hour to 20 minutes.
- connect two existing expressways, the Skyway 1 and the CAVITEX Expressway.
- The Private Concessionaire paid to government P 11 Billion as premium payment.
Vertex Tollways Development Inc. (VTDI)
|Civil Works||P 10.977|
|Government Support||P 7.093|
|Transaction Advisory Services||P 0.014|
|Right-of-Way Acquisition||P 3.977|
|Independent Consultant||P 0.802|
|Variation Order||P 2.100|
- Substantially completed
|Detailed Engineering Design, Phase II A||July 2013 – January 2014|
|Detailed Engineering Design, Phase II B||July 2013 – April 2014|
|Certification of Basic Right-of-Way||November 6, 2015|
|Notice to Proceed||November 13, 2015|
|Construction, Phase II A||January 2014 – September 2016|
|TOP issued to VTDI||09 September 2016|
|Opening of Phase IIA except Cavitex Area||22 September 2016|
|Construction, Phase IIB and Ramps 11 and 12 (Cavitex Area)||April 2014 - December 2016|
|Temporary access to Ramp 1 going to Skyway opened for re-routing||04 November 2016|
|Opening of Phase II-B except Villamor Air Base Section||21 December 2016|
|Opening of Cavitex Section (Ramps 11 and 12)||27 December 2016|
|Opening of Circulo del Mundo Bypass Road||30 December 2016|
|Final Inspection||15 March 2017|
|Connectivity of NAIAx 1 to NAIAx 2 (Villamor Air Base)||April 2017|
|Ramps going to/from Skyway (Ramps 1 and 17) were opened to the public||01 June 2017|