What is the framework plan for women which anchors GAD
objectives in DPWH?
The following is the framework plan for women by the National Commission on the Role of Filipino Women which anchors the of GAD objectives in DPWH:
The goal of increasing economic empowerment of women includes the following strategies:
1. Enhancement of sustainable access of women to capital market, information, technology and technical assistance;
2. Enhancement of employment and livelihood skills of women, particularly in high-value-adding industries and agricultural activities;
3. Establishment of an enabling environment that will ensure the effective implementation of policies for the protection of women workers;
4. Increase in women’s awareness of their economic rights and opportunities; and
5. Strengthening of women’s representation in economic decision-making bodies.
The goal of protection and fulfillment of women’s rights includes the following:
1. Enhancement of women’s access to or utilization of basic social services;
2. Promotion of a gender-responsive delivery of justice to violence against women or VAW;
3. Formulation and implementation of legislative measures that will eliminate gender bias; and
4. Promotion and advancement of women and girl-children’s human rights;
The goal on attaining gender-responsive governance has the following strategies:
1. GAD mainstreaming in the bureaucracy;
2. Enhancement of women’s leadership roles and participation in decision-making;
3. Strengthening of women’s role in promoting gender-responsive governance; and
4. Strengthening of government partnership with media in covering various women’s issues.
dpwh genderand development
From Integration to Institutionalization
GENDER SENSITIVE AND RESPONSIVE INFRASTRUCTURE AND FACILITIES